Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

My cell is Please call me and let me know. Thanks.
Welcome to the dis, Nick. I can't private message you (too few posts) but since Teresa has replied to your post (and most likely has your number now), for privacy purposes, I would remove your phone number from your post above. Just click on the 'edit' link in the lower left side of your post and delete your phone number.

Nick if you need help to remove your phone number, let me know here in a post

I can edit it out for you as I am a moderator

I'm not worried about my number being revealed, but if you feel like that is the play, feel free to edit my post Macraven. Thanks for looking out.
Teresa, funny you said that as finding this page was not easy. After the gofundme page ended I had no way of keeping up with Dom's road to recovery. I ended up typing your name into google then came across this page luckily. Looking forward to seeing Dom so keep me posted! Thanks.

That is so sad to hear. I hope the slot for Meadow View comes open quickly. Surroundings make a big part of feeling like this is where I belong. Sending prayers that Dom gets the very best care to recover the fullest he can.

I am sorry you are finding his new home lacks warmth. I wonder if you are allowed to decorate his room or add some personal items to make it feel more home-like? That might also help the staff see Dom more as a real, individual person? Even if you just put up some photos like the lovely ones you have posted in this thread.

Hey Teresa I'm so glad you updated! Sharing the bad is just as important as the good. Then we know what to pray about! I think of you all often and am wondering if you are still using the oils. I offered a few months back on your personal page to send some; I know they get expensive! I could just ship directly to the facility with Dom's name from Doterra. Please let me know! You are a wonderful Aunt with amazing compassion and strength. Know you are not walking alone. Hugs to you all!

Thank you for updating! We all want to be here for you to share both the good days and the down ones.

And keep working on the staff. They may be used to people moving in and out, and a little wary of getting too close. Try to get to know them as you visit, and maybe they will warm up.

I'm sorry that the new place is not as homey and warm. I hope that this is just temporary and he moves back to somewhere that is more comfortable. In the meantime, maybe you can add some more personal touches to make things look better? I also think that you need to give the staff a little bit of time to get to know Dom and the rest of the family. {{hugs}}

I hope very much that Dom is exactly where he needs to be at this point for whatever reason, even if it's not obvious to those of you looking at the situation right now. I definitely hope Dom has an entirely different take on his surroundings and that he feels at ease and is healing bit by bit and gaining strength.

Prayers and good thoughts for all of you.

Oh my, Teresa. I am in tears over what you guys are experiencing at Elmwood. I will pray that you guys can get him out of there asap. It sounds like this facility needs to be investigated. I would bet it's not just Dom things like this are happening to. Hugs to all of you. None of you need this additional stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter