Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

I just started reading this thread. It is very heartbreaking. I can empathize with a lot of the struggles your family has been going through. Before my father passed almost two years ago, he was in many long term care facilities and had a few hospital stays after having a major stroke in 2009. It was always frustrating when he did not receive the care he needed. My mom was able to bring him home and take care of him full time, but that was not easy on her. She did that for about 8 years. My dad could not walk or speak more than 1 or 2 words at a time and was paralyzed on his right side. We hoped for a miracle early on, but his progress hit a wall and that was that. I think he was so discouraged that he kind of gave up. I truly hope that Dom continues to fight and will end up having some quality of life going forward. Prayers to you and your family.

Continued love and prayers to you dear Teresa! Thank you so much for your email and also this update. Thank you, Patti, and Dom, too for allowing us to pray for and in other ways encourage you on. Jesus will never leave you. God's Grace has no bounds nor does His steadfastness. I have said this before and perhaps it more true now. Dom may not be speaking. Yet. He is communicating! I am overjoyed that it sounds like he is able to more participate! I definitely will lift transport in prayer, that must be so frustrating :( Hugs.

God Bless you all and know always so many care. Happy (belated) Birthday to Dom! Much congrats to his sister, too!

As a P.S. I am smiling to remember a long ago post that said something to the effect of how one day (In God's perfect way and time, of course :) Dom will read this thread and know so many cheered him on. Meantime and always, Jesus is leading you on with love and through Him we are here to offer love and support to.

Last edited:
Teresa thank to so much for taking out the time to update. I think and pray for you all often. It’s exciting to see that Dom is making progress and glad that Patty is keeping her faith! Dom’s sister is beautiful. I’m sure Patty is super proud. Teresa you continue to be such a support and a real example of what family is all about. I wish I lived near you all and could actually visit Dom; I feel like I know you all from the years of updates. Are you all still using any essential oils? Praying continued progress and strength for your family!

Teresa, I haven’t been on the CB in a while and for some reason I logged on tonight in hopes of a Dom update!

Dom and your family continue to be in my prayers. I pray for continued progress. He certainly won the mom lottery with Patti! Bless her heart for her devotion to Dom!

TC :cool1:

Great to see a Dom update, Teresa. And a good one at that!! Sounds like Dom is making progress, slow but sure, God bless.

So nice to hear about Cecilia's graduation. Wonderful! And God bless Patty for all her dedicated love for Dom.

Hope you are well, Teresa, along with Harry and all your family. :hug:'s

"....Matthew 17:20....Faith can move mountains." How appropriate.

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Keeping Dom in my prayers, Teresa.

Teresa, thank you for the Dom update. I think he looks peaceful in the pictures you shared, so much more comfortable. I pray for all of you, and especially his Mom. Faith makes all the difference, and I pray one day Dom can tell you himself how much all of your care meant to him.

Thanks so much for taking the time to update us here on the DIS! Patti is lucky to have your help and support in all this, and my fingers are crossed that the speech therapy goes well.

Congrats to your niece!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Teresa, I think of you often especially since some close neighbors of ours ( and one of my son's childhood friends) got in a motorcycle accident last summer. Because he wasn't wearing a helmet (not going there on that debate) he has some brain injuries. He's getting around OK but he'll never be the Kevin we all knew and it's soooo sad.

So I definitely appreciate your updates and now I always hope things will possibly look more optimistic for our friends and their son.

Always sending you and your family many hugs, :hug:

Hi Dan! So good to hear from you! I think of you often, and wonder how you're doing, especially every time I log on to the DIS! Thank you for continuing to pray for Dom. All we have is faith. Everyone here is good. I'm super busy babysitting my newest grandson a few days a week. He just turned 9 months old the other day. The time is flying by. Harry's good. Just started a new job with a Catholic home care company in the Philadelphia area as head of their sales team. He had worked for another one for around 5 years, pretty much the same type of position, but left because the company was going through some turmoil. He had an offer to work for a company, a start up, that specialized in some kind of technology for the home care/hospice field, so he took it, as he was able to learn things he didn't know, that then helped him get this position. How are all in your family? Your grandsons must be so big by now! I was just looking at your signature, and I can't believe it's been 18 years since Sylvia passed away. I feel like we were just talking about everything she was going through. Wow, we've known each other for a long time!
Doing well, here, Teresa, thanks. Good to hear all is well with you and family.

9 months already! Wow, time flies!! Good nana there. Hope all goes well with Harry's new job. I was thinking he was with the prior for some time now, 5 years. He likes that industry apparently.

Yes, we've known each other a lot of years now. And yes, Sylvia passed away 18 years ago last month. :sad1:

Everyone here is fine. Getting big, yes. Here is from Christmas, 7 months ago...

L to R Natalie's Christopher (10) and Jeremy (12) and Vince's Delaney (3), Griffin (8) and Keegan (10)

Take care, Teresa. :hug:'s

❤to you Teresa and you are so kind. It's been a Blessing for me to get to know you more my friend while I pray also offering encouragement along the way. You and Dom are in my prayers that is for sure.

Hugs, Kitty34. Prayers for Kevin and his family.

Dan, what precious grand children you have! God Bless them all :)

Teresa, I'm guessing at this point Dom still has a feeding tube, but if his swallowing continues to improve, will he be able to do without it at some point? If so, I imagine that would be a wonderful thing considering how easily the area can become infected.

I hope Dom's transport situation improves soon so he can finish his round of HBOT.

Love the pics. Thanks so much for the update!

Thank you for the update Theresa. Will keep Dom and all his loved ones in my prayers. Really hope the transportation issue improves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!