PPO BOG? And gluten free question.

mckennarose

DIS Veteran
We had a change of plans for our upcoming May trip. I originally had a Tuesday BOG lunch ADR but we had to change our MK day to Wednesday so I had to give it up. Obviously I was unable to get another lunch ADR for the next day, but I was able to grab a PPO BOG for 8:40 AM. Now I'm second guessing myself!

We've eaten at BOG many times, but never for breakfast. I am not interested in a PPO ADR for the sake of getting on rides early, but if we can check in early and be out of there quick I can see the benefit of keeping the ADR. We will just get an earlier start and take an earlier mid-day break.

So my questions are:
  • How early should we show up to MK for an 8:40 am ADR? (park opening is still set for 9AM)
  • How early will they let us in the park? I've seen people mention on here there is a designated PPO ADR line somewhere. (?)
  • If we get done quick, can we go straight to 7DMT? What time do they let rope drop guests in?
  • Does anyone know what gluten free offerings they have for breakfast? The only thing I see on the regular menu that I can eat is the kid's scrambled egg meal, minus the pastries.
  • Do you think the 8:40 time is do-able to get on 7DMT before rope drop crowd? Or is it too late of a time slot?

TIA!!

I love a PPO BOG breakfast, just keep an eye on the hours for MK that day to make sure they don't change and keep an eye out for an earlier breakfast reservation, 8:40am will cut into ride time.

So my questions are:
  • How early should we show up to MK for an 8:40 am ADR? (park opening is still set for 9AM) I would get there around 8ish, some times they'll let you in 30-45 min early.

• How early will they let us in the park? I've seen people mention on here there is a designated PPO ADR line somewhere. (?) Depends on the day, it does vary some. There is an ADR line at the gate, you will see people in line and last time we did a PPO Breakfast at MK is was closer to the right side of the gates. Just ask a CM if you are unsure.
  • If we get done quick, can we go straight to 7DMT? What time do they let rope drop guests in? You sure can. They will let regular guests prior to 9am but they will get held at the castle in the hub. Then a CM will drop the rope at 9am and let the guests into fantasyland from the hub.

• Does anyone know what gluten free offerings they have for breakfast? The only thing I see on the regular menu that I can eat is the kid's scrambled egg meal, minus the pastries. Sorry can't help with that, if you don't mobile order which not sure if they still do for breakfast, a CM can assist you. Most Disney restaurants are very helpful for people with allergies.

• Do you think the 8:40 time is do-able to get on 7DMT before rope drop crowd? Or is it too late of a time slot? ideally 8am-8:15am would be my choice. But you will still beat most of the crowd if you eat fast.

We did a PPO breakfast at Be Our Guest a few years ago now with our son who has Celiac. They brought him an assortment of breakfast breads/muffins that were gluten free - more than he could eat. We took a few leftovers with us for snacks during the day. He liked them so much we try to get them whenever we go back.

I'd also mention people were checking in well before their scheduled time without any issues. I would try and check in early, so try and get to the gates by 8-8:15am.

Here is a photo of the gluten free options for breakfast at BOG from the pre order website x

Attachments

• F0BE97DE-8E9F-42A3-82F4-FDA055A562AE.png
    F0BE97DE-8E9F-42A3-82F4-FDA055A562AE.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 45

Here is a photo of the gluten free options for breakfast at BOG from the pre order website x
Thanks so much! My preorder window isn't open yet and this helps to know I have some options.

Thanks for the replies! I'm feeling better about keeping the reservation now.

We had a change of plans for our upcoming May trip. I originally had a Tuesday BOG lunch ADR but we had to change our MK day to Wednesday so I had to give it up. Obviously I was unable to get another lunch ADR for the next day, but I was able to grab a PPO BOG for 8:40 AM. Now I'm second guessing myself!

We've eaten at BOG many times, but never for breakfast. I am not interested in a PPO ADR for the sake of getting on rides early, but if we can check in early and be out of there quick I can see the benefit of keeping the ADR. We will just get an earlier start and take an earlier mid-day break.

So my questions are:
  • How early should we show up to MK for an 8:40 am ADR? (park opening is still set for 9AM)
  • How early will they let us in the park? I've seen people mention on here there is a designated PPO ADR line somewhere. (?)
  • If we get done quick, can we go straight to 7DMT? What time do they let rope drop guests in?
  • Does anyone know what gluten free offerings they have for breakfast? The only thing I see on the regular menu that I can eat is the kid's scrambled egg meal, minus the pastries.
  • Do you think the 8:40 time is do-able to get on 7DMT before rope drop crowd? Or is it too late of a time slot?
TIA!!
If you really want to ride 7DMT before park opening you should plan to arrive at MK no later than 7:40. They will let you in MK at 7:45. The PPO breakfast line has always been to the far left at the MK tapstiles any time I have a PPO ADR. Any PPO ADR time gets you into BOG when it opens at 8am. You don’t want to wait till 8:40 because you will want to be outside lined up for 7DMT at 8:45. Be sure to preorder online because it saves a lot of time.

Thanks again for the replies.
I kept checking the ADR times to try to change it to an earlier time and I was able to change it today for 8:15 AM! I feel much better about this earlier time!

Quick question... how early does the ferry and monorail run in the morning? We're offsite for that part of our stay and I will either plan to be in the MK parking lot by 7:20 or uber to CR and walk over if we have to.

I love the GF breakfast pastries! They are Erin McKennas chocolate and lemon loaves. There's one other flavor, but I forget. I've ordered the kids GF French toast before and it's good. There are quite a few GF options! Since everyone is allowed in as far as the hub now, the PPO check in is now to the left of the hub before you go to Liberty Square. Get there at 7:45 and they will let you into BOG early. Definitely preorder!

......Since everyone is allowed in as far as the hub now, the PPO check in is now to the left of the hub before you go to Liberty Square. Get there at 7:45 and they will let you into BOG early. Definitely preorder!
Thanks for the info! Do you mean the BOG crowd goes up the little path on the left of the castle, where the stepsisters or fairy godmother hang out? I attached a pic of where I’m thinking...

Attachments

• 14305135-226C-448B-A0D7-3CE97C58EC01.jpeg
    14305135-226C-448B-A0D7-3CE97C58EC01.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 7
If you preorder your Gluten Free meal at BOG for breakfast, do they automatically bring you out the Gluten Free pastries? I don't see anywhere on the preorder form to add them.

Another silly question, if you order Feast a la Gaston it asks what beverage you would like that is included with that meal. If you are on the dining plan do you get an Additional beverage? They mention when you are ordering to add an entree AND a beverage on the ordering form when you are on the dining plan. Just trying to make sure if I'm ordering correctly and I don't want to not get what comes with the dining plan! Does that make sense? Sorry if longwinded.

Thanks in advance!! Going next week!! Can't wait to try it out!

If you preorder your Gluten Free meal at BOG for breakfast, do they automatically bring you out the Gluten Free pastries? I don't see anywhere on the preorder form to add them.
Yes, they automatically bring the platter with GF pastries. When we were there in May the platter consisted of mainly quick-breads... chocolate, spice and lemon. I put them in a baggie and nibbled on them while in line for rides, lol!

Can't help with the dining plan thing, we don't use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter