PP vs DLH

NewRunner

Mouseketeer
Hello all! I am coming to the Tinkerbell Half Marathon and trying to decide between the Paradise Pier Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel. Can anyone tell me walking distances from the park entrances to the two different hotels? I thought there was a thread on here once that showed walking distance to all Disney hotels and Good Neighbour Hotels, but I can't find it....can someone direct me to it?

Does anyone have any opinions on walking time? It looks like Paradise Pier is a longer walk, but I'm wondering by how much? I'm also wondering if the monorail is as close to DLH as it looks on pictures? Is it an effective transportation use or is the line-up so long that you might as well walk?

Thanks in advance for any opinions, advice, etc you may have!!

Paradise Pier is a longer walk, by maybe 1/4 of a mile (estimate).

The line at the monorail will depend on the day and time of day.

The difference in distance is minimal, PP is slightly further but not by a huge amount. When we stayed at PP we never even gave the distance a second thought but peoples situations are different, we don't have little kids anymore so that is certainly a consideration.

Some people will obsess over the distance though, but PP is a nice Disney property and is the least "expensive" of the on site options.

Enjoy which ever you choose.

I would say they are almost exactly the same when you factor in that your room at DLH is not likely going to be at the closest edge. What I like at PPH is that once you are to the hotel, you are steps away from your room because it is one tower. The distance to your actual room can be longer at DLH. (and trust me, it is super long if you get lost 4 times). Although I think that the starting gates for the marathon might be a lot closer to the DLH, And the monorail is a ride. Not transportation. Regardless of what it may look like. I seriously doubt it saves you time on your feet/steps more than once in a blue moon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter