Power of 10 (or 9) math? (this is a joke guys)

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
Hi all ...

this is just something I noticed about the math for the Power of 10. (please take this tongue in cheek :) )

we say:

"we're looking for 10,000 people to ask 10 friends to donate 10 dollars, to raise one million dollars for Give Kids the World."

True, those 10 friends would bring in $1,000,000. Now, that's assuming that the original 10,000 people are not donating themselves. If those original 10,000 people are also donating 10 dollars each, then the grand total would be $1,100,000!! woo hoo!!:cool1:

Now, if the original 10,000 people donate 10 dollars each ($100,000), then they just have to each ask NINE people to donate $10 ($900,000), for a grand total of $1,000,000.

power of 9 anyone? :lmao:

I know, just joking, but in all seriousness ... here are the links to donate to the Power of 10 Give Kids the World promotion:

http://www.powerof10.us/

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/david-parfitt/disgktw :thumbsup2

cheers!

As a bean counter I agree that the Power of 10 will actually generate $1.1 Million as postulated.

Even better! :thumbsup2

Maybe the 1 they're expecting not to donate is also a dentist that doesn't use Trident. :lmao:

I think the catch-phrase "Power of Ten" has a better commercial appeal than the "Power of Nine".

If we take a page out of Steve Jobs' playbook, I think it should be written like this:

POWER OF X

They did actually talk about this on one of the first podcasts, where they mentioned power of 10, that everyone can do this cause theoretically you don't have to donate yourself, you just have to start it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter