Potential Be Our Guest ADR conflict with MK After Hours

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
I have an ADR for BOG on 3/9 at 9:20pm. The official close time for MK is 9:00pm and the After Hours event goes until midnight. The ADR screen does not say anything about needing special admission for this ADR like a Halloween or Christmas party.

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 9.01.49 PM.png

I am planning on hopping to MK after being in AK for RoL at 7:15pm. Will I have an issue getting into the park for this ADR or will I even be allowed to sit for it?

I am hoping the park hours will be just be extended, but that may be wishful thinking.

It would have said the requirements when you made the booking, not at this screen.
Personally, I wouldn't count on it. The after hours event print says this:

Please note that Magic Kingdom park will officially close to Guests who haven’t purchased Disney After Hours tickets at 8:00 PM on February 2, 9, 16; and at 9:00 PM on January 20, 27 and March 2, 9.

It would have said the requirements when you made the booking, not at this screen.
Personally, I wouldn't count on it. The after hours event print says this:

Please note that Magic Kingdom park will officially close to Guests who haven’t purchased Disney After Hours tickets at 8:00 PM on February 2, 9, 16; and at 9:00 PM on January 20, 27 and March 2, 9.
I could have sworn I saw it on the main ADR page when I was planning my December trip, but I could have been mistaken. I was concerned about the ADR time because I did read that under the event details. I will try and call dining tomorrow to see if they can confirm this will happen. If so, I will just go back to my Wave ADR. Never had dinner there and I am sure the food options and quality will be superior to what I have had at BoG. I just like that new costume Beast has :D

It may not be the same but if you have a BOG after 6.15pm on MVMCP nights which start at 7pm, you have to have a party ticket and will be turned away if you don't have the correct wristband so I'm not hopeful you'd be able to dine that late on a special ticketed night. Definitely call but IMHO I haven't had much luck with getting the right information when I've called about other problems so I'd call twice and speak to two different people if you are unsure they know for sure what you are asking.

The other thread is titled '6.20pm BOG on party night'

It may not be the same but if you have a BOG after 6.15pm on MVMCP nights which start at 7pm, you have to have a party ticket and will be turned away if you don't have the correct wristband so I'm not hopeful you'd be able to dine that late on a special ticketed night. Definitely call but IMHO I haven't had much luck with getting the right information when I've called about other problems so I'd call twice and speak to two different people if you are unsure they know for sure what you are asking.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/6-20pm-bog-during-a-party-day.3559609/#post-56733687

Last edited:
I called and the CM did not seem sure of what would happen. I just cancelled the BoG ADR and will keep my Wave ADR. Looking forward to my meal there. Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter