postcards

camtheriot

DIS Veteran
I am going to be "paying it forward" with postcards to children waiting to go to DW. This may seem like a silly question, but what should I write on them? I would be interested in some suggestions from ANYONE please!!
Has anyone had these postcards sent to their children before? Maybe you could let me know what was on them?

(I have this question posted on another thread, but no responses)

thanks,

id like to know to! and where dop you mail them? im bringing stamps, but where do i go to mail them, id like to buy postcards ahead of time is possible too.

:3dglasses

Good question - I never thought about WHERE I need to go to mail them. I would also like to purchase the cards before I leave. Any one have any answers to our questions? PLEASE HELP!!

You can mail anything at the front desk of the hotel....and there is a store in DTD that you can buy stamps and mail things...I forget the name but it's next door to the "art store". I think it might be the scrapbook/bookstore? Sorry I don't know where you can buy postcards beforehand other than calling the merchandising phone number.

Here's what I did:

I used to get a postcard at Disney and after the trip it would arrive and say somehting like,

Dear XXX
Donald and Minnie and I were so glad you came to visit us. I heard you had a lot of fun on "the barnstormer" (I tried to remember what he really liked most and mentioned it on thr p/c.)
I would mail it right at the front desk at the resort, usually the 2nd or 3rd day, at POR mailbox was in lobby. I'd always end with something like,
can't wait for you to come back and visit us again (a hint to dad, LOL)

Before the trip I used to send a postcard to my child and just say, "We cant wait to see you!" Your friends, Mickey, etc....My son never realized where the postcard was postmarked he was too excited.

At the resort I once sent the gift package, it was a small insulated blue drink bag that was filled with some snacks and it had all different color ribbons decorating it and the note said , WELCOME back XXX, we missed you, Mickey, etc....THAT was a HUGE hit and we still use/take the bag with us each trip, OH THE MEMORIES!! :cutie:
Have a fabulous time!

I'm planning on doing this when it's closer to our trip (and my fingers are crossed someone will be able to do it for my girls before we go).

From what I understand, the people you are mailing for have told you their kids favorite characters, right? So, I was thinking when I do it, I'll write something I believe that character would say, maybe something from their films or their country. For example: Belle or the Aristocrats could sign off "Au Revoir"; any Princess could say something about a "magical visit", Snow White could recommend the candy apples on Main St., Tink could say something about "an extra sprinkle of pixie dust just for your visit", etc.

I could probably think of more if you wanted to tell me what characters you will be writing for. I think Stitch would be fun cause you could make up an alien language and then have Lilo translate it. :rotfl:

I am paying it forward on our next visit too. You can mail the cards inside the Magic Kingdon on Main Street, the boxes are attached to the light posts. I am going to have the cards with me so that I can have Mickey actually sign the card first, then I am going to write the message before I send it. One of the cards I am sending is for a slightly older child. I think this will be impressive the Mickey actually signed it. ;)

Thanks everyone for the replys, you are all very helpful!!!

Great idea jacksmomma about getting the character to sign it. I wish I could do that for all the postcards I will be sending, but I'm sending out to several different children. I think I would be running around all week trying to get all of the signatures!:rotfl:

Also a great idea grumpy'swife (although sometimes I think I'M GRUMPY'S WIFE :lmao: ) I would surely appreciate the help you offered - since (I'm a little afraid to say this on this board) I don't know very much about disney characters :scared1: The ones I need to know about (that you haven't covered)are as follows:

1. Goofy
2. Mike Wasinski from Monsters inc
3. Captain Jack Sparrow
4. Buzz Lightyear (this one I think I know - "to infinity and beyond"?)

15 days to go WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter