postcard w/my address & my mother's name??

jkovick

<font color=FF9900>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue
Got a discount post card in the mail yesterday with my address but my mother's name on it (she has went with us to WDW twice) any chance I might be able to use it? Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks!

I received the same thing in April. My address but my mother's name. Luckily my mom was going on the trip too as that is the only way you can use it. I had to put her name on my reservation. When we checked in they looked at her drivers license to make sure she was there.

skiwee1- Thanks for the quick reply. Bummer on the post card though. Hopefully I will get one with my name on it soon!:D

I received this postcard too. My address, my maiden name. I haven't used my maiden name since 1974. I went to WDW on my honeymoon in 1974 but even then I gave my married name.
I go back to WDW at least 4 times a year and always use my married name, even though I haven't been married since 1987.
I can't figure out how they got my maiden name. I can't use this rate but it was a good one, wish I could get away this fall. Peggie

I would call Disney and ask, you went you stayed at the resort with your Mother if the address is the same go for it. All Disney could do is say no but I'm betting they will honor the postcard. Just use a little pixie dust.::yes::

I too would call and ask. We got one with my grandmother's name on it (she came with us once on a trip in March 1996), but at our home. Well, my grandmother died in Dec. 1999, so we initially just though, oh, it's a mistake and didn't think about it. Then we started thinking about planning a trip for that March (2001) and we called up and explained our situation and they gave us a great rate at BWI during peak season. It was sorta nice to know that even after her life, my grandmother was still helping us out!

I just stayed at the POR with a post card that came in my maiden name( I have been married for 7 years ), but my new address. When I called I explained that the name was wrong and I had no problem making the reservation in my married name, the cost was $79.00 a night.
When I checked in at the resort they did not ask for the post card, just my ID.
I would call the number on the post card and explain that the name is wrong, see what happens, it can not hurt to ask.

I agree to call and ask. I did this a few years back. Had a roomate who got the card, but I was the one who wanted to go. I called and was told that it was based on the address and I was able to get the rate.

Thanks everyone! I will give them a call this evening. Can't hurt to ask.

My mother received a postcard at my address in August. She has been to WDW in the past 2 years while living at her current address and she came to WDW with us in May. When we received the postcard in August, my mother said she would like to go and I called to make the reservations. The CM said that my mother had to be travelling which she was and the CM kept making sure that my mom was in the travelling party. I was also told that my mother would need to be there at check in and to bring the postcard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts