Postcard Rates

hannahryan

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know the rhyme or reason to getting special postcard rates? I received one in December for deluxe resort rates of $109 for 1/1-2/11. I called and that rate included all deluxe resorts even the Grand Floridian! Unfortunetly we couldn't go, having already booked a trip for December. Anyone know how they make their marketing selections? ::MinnieMo

hannahryan, Only WDW knows how they select postcard recipients. It is supposedly random, but who knows.

That $109 rate was most likely "from $109" for the deluxes. That would have been a standard at WL or AKL. The rates go up, based on your resort choice. The post card rates are similar to AP or Florida resident rates. So, if you have an AP, you can still get the great deals, without having to wait to be randomly selected. :D

I know that they usually are "from $$"...I've received this type of postcard before. But, when I called WDW travel I specifically asked and they told me indeed that this $109 rate was for ALL deluxe resorts. They even checked some dates and told me the Grand Floridian was available at that rate (standard view). I have AP's, but this rate was unbelievable. I just wonder why they would target certain households with such an extreme discount.
::MinnieMo

That certainly was a fantastic discount, then! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter