Post your trivial unpopular opinions

Blasphemy!! He is on my 5 Free Pass Celebrity List! LOL!

Some of my unpopular opinions:

I can't stand mayonnaise.

I'm the only southerner who prefers unsweetened tea to sweet tea.

I don't really like watching any professional sports & think baseball games are really long & boring.

I don't get the Star Wars hype. I watched the first 3 (or, rather, episodes 4, 5, & 6) & was content w/ that. I don't need a continuing saga.

I actually think Joey & Rachel might have been a better couple than Ross & Rachel.

I don't like Crocs.

Mini-vans aren't horrible. Yes, there are some sleek, sexy cars out there. But a mini-van doesn't look dorkier than any other larger vehicle. You're not a cooler mom than I am because you drive a clunky, large SUV while I drive a mini-van.

I like diagramming sentences.

lol you can have him.

Regarding the tea, I like unsweetened, too, and I live in the "lite South" (Kentucky), but I was born and raised in Michigan where no one drinks tea any way other than hot.

I absolutely LOATHE reality tv shows. Not the ones centered around talent, signing etc.. some of those folks have real talent. i am talking specifically the ones where the put a bunch of people in a house or an island or where ever to fall in love or get in a fight.... :crazy2:

HAHA. I enjoyed the first season of survivor. But once the basic blueprint on winning was known, it got a bit boring after that. The one where they're all in a house. Big Brother. That was rather lame from the start and I've never watched it. I do still like the Amazing race though. By the way I don't like the talent ones either. A couple of the cooking ones I watch. But that's about it.

We've lived in SC for 20 years and never had the slightest urge to even visit Myrtle Beach. Everyone's like "OMG, you've NEVER been to Myrtle Beach?!?" Don't feel like I'm missing anything, sorry.

I can't stand (I know this is un-American) mac & cheese in any form! Elbow noodles make me gag, the cheese sauce makes me gag, I actually had a nun in 2nd grade make me eat some because it was served with lunch even though I tried to refuse politely. She regret that decision after I got sick a few minutes later. DH has to make it himself and for the kids if they want it because I don't even like the smell. The ironic thing is I absolutely adore fettuccine Alfredo- which is basically the same thing- noodles and cheese sauce! Stupid, I know...

I also don't like the taste of beer. I have tried lots of different types but the closest thing I like is a fruity ale or cider.

Alfredo is actually cream and butter sauce, not cheese sauce. There is some cheese in it. But not nearly what Mac N cheese has and of course it's a different kind of cheese. That's probably why you like it. I like it much better than Mac N cheese too.

I drink stout beer. And it better be from a good brewer. It's less hoppy and bitter and more nutty and more roasted barley flavored. But I'd definitely prefer a good wine or cider.

Speaking of beer, here's an unpopular opinion. IPAs are rank. Let us take the absolute worst aspect of beer (bitterness) and make it more so. Because we can. It took a special kind of jerk to think that up. THIS WILL PUCKER THEIR LIPS AND DESTROY THEIR TASTE BUDS!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! And they are in an arms race to make them even worse. And People are undergoing all sorts of mental gymnastics to try and convince themselves it's delicious. Where did people get the idea that the worse a beer tastes, the better it is? In 10 years after the fad has passed, people are going to admit the truth. IPAs are rank. Nobody ever truly liked them. They just pretended to because they thought they were supposed to.

Oh and I've never been to Myrtle beach. But it looks to me like going to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. But the latter has shows and a national park with their go karts and mini golf rather than a beach.

Last edited:
Like others here, I can’t stand coffee or beer. Don’t like basketball, boxing or NASCAR.

Have no interest in Star Wars. I’ve only seen the original SW and The Empire Strikes Back (once, in a theater back in the 70’s), none of the sequels, prequels, or whatever. Same with all the Marvel and other superhero movies (except the original Superman with Christopher Reeve).

I’ve never had a massage or a pedicure (by a pro). Idk, the thought of a stranger touching my body or feet like that gives me the creeps.

One more thing. I hate seeing baby girls wearing elastic headbands with giant flowers, or barrettes or bows when they barely have any hair. That has to be uncomfortable on an infant or toddler’s soft head. Dress her like a girl; people will know, and if they mistake her for a boy, who cares?

HAHA. I enjoyed the first season of survivor. But once the basic blueprint on winning was known, it got a bit boring after that. The one where they're all in a house. Big Brother. That was rather lame from the start and I've never watched it. I do still like the Amazing race though. By the way I don't like the talent ones either. A couple of the cooking ones I watch. But that's about it.
I watched Survivor for a few years but haven't watched in years and years. Amazing Race I enjoy but have mostly watched it via Amazon Prime and not live tv. My mom loves Big Brother but I don't like it at all. I like the cooking ones morso the specialized ones like Halloween, Spring, Holiday and then the Halloween Wars is interesting too. I stopped watching American Idol long ago, don't get the appeal of The Voice and haven't really gotten into America's Got Talent.

Mini-vans aren't horrible. Yes, there are some sleek, sexy cars out there. But a mini-van doesn't look dorkier than any other larger vehicle. You're not a cooler mom than I am because you drive a clunky, large SUV while I drive a mini-van.

High five, minivans for the win. My van is a road tripper, a drywall and 2x4 hauler, a multiple-kid hauler, an overnight sleeping arrangement in a pinch, and can seat 7 people plus 2 dogs if needed. Right now the only SUV I'd consider is a 1969 Ford Bronco with light aqua paint and a white interior but I don't think that will be happening any time soon, lol.

lol you can have him.

Regarding the tea, I like unsweetened, too, and I live in the "lite South" (Kentucky), but I was born and raised in Michigan where no one drinks tea any way other than hot.

I do drink it hot in the morning, but iced tea is my preferred beverage when I'm not drinking water, year round.

Unsweetened, thank you. Sweet tea makes me feel like every tooth is liable to tumble out of my mouth on contact.

One more thing. I hate seeing baby girls wearing elastic headbands with giant flowers, or barrettes or bows when they barely have any hair. That has to be uncomfortable on an infant or toddler’s soft head. Dress her like a girl; people will know, and if they mistake her for a boy, who cares

Thank you!!

I do not like Elvis Presley...at all.

Beatles are completely overrated.

Please do not think you are helping me by cutting part of my lawn that is attached to yours....I don't like the way your mower cuts (I know...that's bad).

Brussel sprouts are DELICIOUS. And all three of my grown boys love them.

LMAO!

Yeah, I have traveled in a large group before. I never had a problem keeping track of my group. I know what their faces look like. ;)
That'S great that it works well for you.

I absolutely tried to get the kids in the same color when we were in crowded places when they were little. It is far easier to spot people in a crowded situation if you can look for "orange shirts" etc---and then confirm with the face or hairstyle, etc (often I was checking on kids in a play space and might not see the facce).
It's one of the reasons many summer camps, school groups, etc do matching t-shirts.

it's great that you don't feel any need for that extra bit of help finding everyone, but manyx others find it a helpful tool.

I don't like Ranch dressing or anything else with that ranch flavor.

I, too, don't really care for babies or kids. I don't want to hold your baby. I don't want to watch your child.

The term "furbaby" is obnoxious. I get that you love your pet. It's not the same thing as a child and if you truly, honestly believe it is, you might should see a medical professional about that.

I don't get the love for Harry Potter.

I don't think the Pandora section of Animal Kingdom is freak-out worthy at all. Just meh.

And on that same note, don't care for Animal Kingdom. My husband and I are going to WDW for 2 weeks here in a bit and not planning to visit the park once.

I did not know that! I assumed you meant the other Michael Douglas. The Dis is a wealth of knowledge!
Michael Douglas the actor and son of Kirk Douglas, and Mike Douglas the 1960's-70's daytime TV talk show host are the reason he changed is professional name, but apparently he did not change it legally.

IPAs are rank. Let us take the absolute worst aspect of beer (bitterness) and make it more so.

IPAs are rank. Nobody ever truly liked them. They just pretended to because they thought they were supposed to.

PREACH!!!! :worship::worship::worship:

My whole family can't stand IPAs, and everywhere we go there are always 4 on the menu to every 1 of any other kind.

I can't stand the movie Elf. I think it's stupid, and the scene with the spaghetti makes me gag.

I'm a born and raised southerner and I don't drink sweet tea. But to be fair, I despise tea in all forms-sweet or unsweet, hot or cold.

I also judge people harshly but privately for buying a dog. I don't understand the need to drop large amounts of money when there are thousands of dogs who need homes in shelters.

I really don't like any HGTV shows...at all. I also hate Chopped.

I don't like chocolate or any candy. I really don't care for sweets.

I don't like Taylor Swift. I genuinely think she's a bad singer and songwriter.

Anything sweet and sour is nasty. The smell of sweet and sour chicken makes me gag, and don't get me started on the sweet and sour soup my dad cooks. It has prunes!

Sweet and salty is the way to go.

Oh, and I love the Patriots and think the Steelers are a bunch of cry baby thugs. :duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter