Post Your Rescheduled/Relocated Resort Date Here

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
Because the Resort Change by Disney thread is becoming too unwieldy to glean information from, how about a new thread where everyone can follow the same format for posting their rescheduled or relocated resort reservations?

Using the same format:
My dates were:
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling to DD/MM/YYYY
My original resort was:
I originally booked using XXXX discount
I am being moved to:
My cost increase/decrease is:
I made my original reservation myself/a travel website/thru a Disney TA/other
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted
There are # adults, # children, # under age 3 in my party

Last edited:
*THANKS for creating this thread for us to easily see data and trends without fishing through comments!

*For those who wish to continue asking questions and commenting about closures and relocations, there's still another live thread where those discussions are happening: https://www.disboards.com/threads/resort-change-by-disney.3802935/

*Big thanks to MARTHASOR for sharing the most updated info. (It's quoted below, for those who wish to read it.) Since the current response date in June 19, specifically with reservations departing by July 11, hopefully we will have lots more info after June 19.

Forwarded to me from my TA:

Your Clients may be receiving email communication from us if they have a Resort hotel booking with travel up through departure on July 11, 2020 if we have their contact information. We are asking them to contact their Travel Professional, but since we cannot reach all of your Guests, we request that you contact your Guests regarding their reservation adjustments and all of the information in the example Guest email below. We need them to confirm, modify or cancel their Disney Resort hotel reservations or Walt Disney Travel Company packages by June 19 for the travel period above.

For your Clients wishing to confirm their reservations:
  • Contact the Disney Reservation Center to notify our team of your Guest’s confirmation.
  • As needed, our team will move Guests from closed to open resorts during this time. This move will be at no additional cost to your Guests. Note that they won’t have an option to modify to another resort of their choosing for this reservation.
  • As previously communicated, for Guests who had a dining plan, we will be modifying their package to remove the dining plan.
  • If guests staying in our resorts before park opening on July 11, 2020, want to keep their reservation, they will be downgraded out of the ticket package and the package price will be reduced. Alternately, they can move their reservation to new dates, or cancel.
For Guests wishing to modify their reservations to a future date in 2020:
  • Contact the Disney Reservation Center to modify their booking to a later date in 2020.
  • If your Client would like to modify to a date on or after July 11, 2020, they may only modify to one of the announced opened resorts, based on availability. Guests will be responsible for any higher rates.
  • Travel protection may be moved to a new reservation in 2020. The Guest will be responsible for any difference in price.
For Guests wishing to cancel their reservations:
  • Contact the Disney Reservation Center to notify our team of your Guest’s cancellation

Last edited:
Mine is easy so I can start😂.

My dates were: 1 to 12 July 2020

I am keeping my dates or rescheduling to DD/MM/YYYY Reservation cancelled by WDW or TA

My original resort was: Yacht Club

I originally booked using Bounceback RO discount.

I am being moved to:NA

My cost increase/decrease is: NA

My original reservation was made: directly through Disney, TA, travel website, etc? US TA

How were you contacted about your resort's closure? I have not been notified. I noticed that the reservation had vanished from MDE.

I have another reservation from 12 to 19 July 2020 at YC CL. I have not received any communication from WDW about this, but it is still an active reservation.

My dates were: 7/1 - 7/5
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling to DD/MM/YYYY: keeping dates
My original resort was: CBR 5th sleeper (3 adults, 1 child)
I originally booked using XXXX discount: Sun and Fun package with tickets but no dining
I am being moved to: SSR 2 bedroom villa
My cost increase/decrease is: package decreased by ticket cost, I did not pay extra for resort move
Original reservation booked: directly through Disney
How I was contacted about resort's closure: disboards :laughing: (I did not receive any communication from Disney - maybe that would have come later if I hadn't called? I waited 30+ hours to call just in case email was slow in arriving.)

My dates were June 24- July 1.
I am keeping my dates.
My original resort was CBR 5th sleeper.
I originally booked using AP room only discount.
I got an email from Disney asking me to confirm, modify or cancel. I confirmed and was told Disney would call me “soon” to discuss options. I waited 40 hours with no call, then called Disney this morning.
I am being moved to: I was offered SSR 1BR which doesn’t sleep 5, and we are a party of 5 with kids ages 17, 15, & 12. Awaiting an upper level guest service cm to call me with a solution.
My cost increase/decrease is: none

My dates: 7/4-7/8
I am keeping same dates
Original Resort: Standard CBR
Booked using Sun & Fun Discount directly through Disney
Moved to: OKW 2BR Villa
No change in my cost
I was notified via email that action was needed on my reservation. I had clicked I was going to modify and the next message told me to contact Disney. When I called, virtually no wait. First CM asked what dates I wanted to switch to, I said keep same dates and she immediately transferred me to another CM who changed us to OKW. Was on the phone maybe a total of 5 minutes, very easy.

ETA: Party of 4

My dates - June 28 - July 3rd
POP with original free dining offer (booked in Jan) with park hopper tickets
Booked myself online through Disney's website (2 Adults and one child, age 17) for $2,842.00
Received an email from Disney Destinations that gave me the three choices, confirm, cancel or modify. When I picked modify, stated to call.
Switched dates to November 8-13th was told I had the choice of Fort Wilderness or DVC resorts.
CM tried to keep my cost close to the original price (2 Adults one Child age 17).
I had two offers that were close in price:
Fort Wilderness cabins, same number of nights, 5 day tickets no park hoppers and no dining for $2,935.50
Old Key West Studio for $2,994.00

And I only had to wait on the phone for about fifteen minutes before I was able to talk to a CM.

I am bummed I lost out of free dining and the park hoppers, but am now booked for a cabin which I have always thought would be fun to stay in. I am not sure what the rack rate would be for it since I can't check prices now.

My dates were: June 24-27
I am keeping my dates.
My original resort was: All Star Movies preferred room
I originally booked using the Free dining recovery offer from my cancelled March trip.
I am being moved to: Ft Wilderness Cabins.
My cost decrease is: 35% off my rack rate Movies room (went from around $180/ night down to $115/night) and they removed my ticket and dining plan.
I made my original reservation myself.
I was contacted about the resort closure by email.
There are 1 adult and 1 child in my party (my June movies reservation was just me for a solo trip but the CM allowed me to add my 11 year old son to the cabin.)

Last edited:
I am keeping my dates.
I got an email from Disney asking me to confirm, modify or cancel. I confirmed and was told Disney would call me “soon” to discuss options. I waited 40 hours with no call, then called Disney this morning.
I am being moved to: I was offered SSR 1BR which doesn’t sleep 5, and we are a party of 5 with kids ages 17, 15, & 12. Awaiting an upper level guest service cm to call me with a solution.
My family is in the same boat...they tried to offer a studio though for 5...Still waiting on the upper-level supervisor too... Maybe they are waiting to give us Poly Bungalows lol...

Because the Resort Change by Disney thread is becoming too unwieldy to glean information from, how about a new thread where everyone can follow the same format for posting their rescheduled or relocated resort reservations?

Using the same format:
My dates were:
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling to DD/MM/YYYY
My original resort was:
I originally booked using XXXX discount
I am being moved to:
My cost increase/decrease is:
I made my original reservation myself/a travel website/thru a Disney TA/other
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted
There are # adults, # children, # under age 3 in my party

Our dates are 7/31 to 8/8 so I'm not able to do anything yet with our reservation. I just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread! It's nice to have all the info in one place to compare others' experiences. :)

• My dates were: June 26-29
  • I am keeping my dates.
  • My original resort was: Pop Century
  • I originally booked using the Free dining recovery offer from my cancelled May trip.
  • I am being moved to: SSR Grand Villa
  • My cost decrease is: 35% off Pop rack, and they removed tickets and dining plan.
  • I made my original reservation myself.
  • I was contacted about the resort closure by email.
  • Party size: 2 adults, but I’m going to call to try and add at least one more adult.

My original dates are 7/2-7/7 booked through Disney website myself
i am keeping my dates
Original resort was preferred CBR booked with AP discount (approximately $230 a night)
Our party of 3 is moved to a SSR 2 bedroom villa
No additional cost
We received an email but called the next day. Waited 4 hrs on the phone

It’s interesting that some are being moved at no cost and some are actually getting the 35% discount off of their original reservations (unless I’m misunderstanding that). Can anyone clarify?

It’s interesting that some are being moved at no cost and some are actually getting the 35% discount off of their original reservations (unless I’m misunderstanding that). Can anyone clarify?
The people getting the 35% off are people who originally had free dining. Anyone who had free dining (even after these dates) is supposed to get a 35% reduction on their booking as a courtesy for losing their free dining plan. People who had paid dining or no dining plan will not get that 35% off. So a person with free dining who didn't change their dates would get moved for no additional cost and then get back 35% of the cost of their original booking.

I am keeping my dates.
it's just crazy how inconsistent these moves are. A few posts bf was someone with one less person and they received a 2BR at SSR and you receive 1BR. I hope you are able to get a 2 BR.

it's just crazy how inconsistent these moves are. A few posts bf was someone with one less person and they received a 2BR at SSR and you receive 1BR. I hope you are able to get a 2 BR.
Its crazy because I had the same issue as that poster and instead of the 1br they offered my family a studio for a party of 5... Still waiting on the upper-supervisor at guest services to call back...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter