Post -Trip Report. Photos on page 9 and 10 - 4/29/2010-05/02/2010

SO true!!!! ;) Speaking of TR, where is the link from your last one? That was a great TR! :rotfl2: We're going to ATTEMPT to bring the laptop and try to update as we go, this next trip. Key word: ATTEMPT! :)

Technically, Mr. Z should have taken the laptop and posted updates every night. With pics. Just sayin'...:rolleyes1

Now now.....you know that would have taken some "planning"....and "pre-packing"....and what with all that packing he did, I'm sure he didn't have any more room... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

SO true!!!! ;) Speaking of TR, where is the link from your last one? That was a great TR! :rotfl2: We're going to ATTEMPT to bring the laptop and try to update as we go, this next trip. Key word: ATTEMPT! :)

If you click the link to my current pre-trip there is a link to last year's trip in the first post. :)

Yes, where are the pictures? Can't wait to hear it all.

And to those of you with trips coming up, I'll expect full reports. We're tentatively planning for April/May 2011 which is wayyyy too long so I'm getting my fix through you guys.

I didn't get to see anyone while I was down there - I think Z's trip only overlapped mine by one day. I can't wait to hear everything you guys did/

My goodness! Here's a start!

Click here to see all 640+ pics. Used a new pocket camera, which took some great pics and some not so great, but oh well.

DAY 1
My trip started off very sweet. I got sat next to a 3 year old, who schooled me on all things Disney related. He even asked me to watch Monsters, Inc. together on the flight out to Orlando. As we got off the plane, he waved and said, “See you in Florida and at Mickey’s House!”. Too cute.

This trip had many things for us to get use to. DL is still our home park, but I know we’ll be back to WDW eventually. We’ll just approach the trip in a different way. Never again will we go commando style through 4 parks in 3 days. That, plus I think the next time we go, we’re going to go during a cool month. Is there such a thing? LOL

Once I arrived, Steven had already checked us in so he met me at the front of Pop Century and took me to our room. We walked around the grounds, took some pics, got something to drink and of course, went shopping in the gift shop. Pop Century is a great Value Resort. No frills or anything like that, but it’s big, plenty of space, lots of pools, friendly staff and it’s clean. It’s all someone like us would need in a resort. Although I must say, after dealing with the heat and humidity, I could see us utilizing the resort more. Next time we go to WDW, we’ll go to the parks from 8-1, swim and nap in the afternoon at the resort, then back to the parks around 6 until close. The heat zapped us completely. We’re use to 80 degree days, 50 degree nights, slight breeze and no humidity at DL. Plus, the amount that we had to walk is twice if not three times as much. Not to mention the added time needed for traveling all around on busses. Having to schedule a good hour to get anywhere takes some planning. Something neither one of us like to do.

Stayed at Pop Century in the 80's building. Never got a chance to go swimming, although after it got so damn hot, I would have enjoyed that.

WDW2010-002.JPG

WDW2010-012.JPG

WDW2010-026.JPG

We arrived at DTD around 7pm and ate at Captain Jacks. It was the only place that didn’t have much of a wait if you wanted to sit at the bar. The crab cakes were very good and our bartender was very nice. We wandered around the East and West side as well as Pleasure Island. Boy, is that place a ghost town. We did a bit of shopping, but mainly spent most of our money at the Christmas Store. We stocked up on some new ornaments for our Disney Tree.

We headed back to PC around 11pm that night. We both were exhausted and wanted to be up bright and early to catch the earliest bus to Animal Kingdom.

DAY 2
We were at the bus stop at 7:30, bus picked us up at 7:45 and we were there at AK by 8:30am. We only had 30 minutes to wait before opening and rope drop. Watched Mickey, Minnie and Goofy greet us and then we followed the CM’s behind the rope to Everest Expedition. Steven’s not crazy about coasters that go backwards, so I didn’t tell him anything about EE. He ended up loving it, although he had to “rest” a while. We wandered around the Tree of Life, taking tons of pictures. I'm bad with names, but we rode the Safari, the Train which takes you to some silly conservatory thing which we did NOT like and found it a waste of time, EE, Finding Nemo and Lion King. We loved Nemo and Lion King and we loved just walking around taking pictures and enjoying looking around.

WDW2010-031.JPG

WDW2010-045.JPG

WDW2010-078.JPG

WDW2010-059.JPG

WDW2010-149.JPG

WDW2010-162.JPG

We stayed at AK from 9am until 3pm, then headed to EPCOT for the rest of the afternoon and evening until about midnight. We rode Spaceship Earth (loved it!), Finding Nemo, Soarin', Test Track and that Three Caballero's thing. Steven kept rolling his eyes. We spent a lot of time looking at all the flowers and topiaries, taking lots of pics. Once we finished our time there, we started our walk around The World, having a few cocktails along the way and checking out a few shops. We were good and didn't buy a thing! We started to get hungry around 8pm and grabbed some fabulous Fish and Chips, then took our food to the bridge nearby and watched Illuminations. For some reason we thought it was much longer. Not sure why, but we loved seeing it again. We like to end each evening just walking around, shopping and soaking up the atmosphere, which is so enjoyable at EPCOT.

WDW2010-172.JPG

WDW2010-173.JPG

WDW2010-199.JPG

WDW2010-213.JPG

WDW2010-265.JPG

WDW2010-226.JPG

WDW2010-256.JPG

WDW2010-260.JPG

We got back to Pop Century exhausted, and hit the sack since Saturday was our "up in the air" day. We had no plan and played it by ear. We ended up going back to EPCOT for a short time then off to DHS before heading back to PC around 6pm, before heading to BLT for a couple drinks at Top of the Tower, which was offered to us by a gracious DVC member.

I'll try to post Saturday's and Sunday's festivities if I have time, but if not expect more updates tomorrow night!

Glad you had a good time and am enjoying reading the TR. You're like me, just enjoy walking around and taking pics. It's something I really enjoy.

This trip had many things for us to get use to. DL is still our home park, but I know we’ll be back to WDW eventually. We’ll just approach the trip in a different way. Never again will we go commando style through 4 parks in 3 days. That, plus I think the next time we go, we’re going to go during a cool month. Is there such a thing? LOL

Great TR! I know exactly what you mean! Our first trip my DP already knew about the early in the park, nap in the afternoon, back for late night festivities, so I didn't have to learn it the hard way.

However, now that we are older even on week long trips we don't try to hit all four parks. Being DVC members has it's advantage becuase we know we'll be back so we pick a focus and stay at a resort that will fit with our focus (ie F&W, try to get BWV or BCV, just chillin' our home SSR, need an animal fix AKV, when we want to focus on MK & Epcot we'll stay at BLT). That's also part of the whole travel thing, if you stay close to where you want to visit, the travel time is not so long. We've done that 1 1/2 hours ride home on the bus from resort to resort going home from dinner! That's one thing we take for granted about DLR everything is so cloase you can walk to it.

We went this year in January this year, and while we weren't there during the SUPER cold time, we were there about two weeks later and it was pretty cold. A couple years earlier the weather was perfect at that time. We've been there at this time of year and it is HOT! Not like our lovely So Cal (which is rapidly also becoming hot!)

Looking forward to hearing more, and pictures too!

Beautiful photos! You two are such a handsome couple. Love your eyes! ::yes::

The ears are too neat.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your visit!

Beautiful photos! You two are such a handsome couple. Love your eyes! ::yes::

The ears are too neat.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your visit!

Thanks you're so sweet. :)

We collect ears and pretty much buy a new set every day, but this trip we only bought two. We're running out of new ones to buy, so we had to do the "make your own" on one set.

Next update coming shortly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter