Post Pictures of Tent Camping @ FW

This is amazing! Do you have any issues with critters and the outdoor kitchen? Do you keep dry food in those canvas cabinets, or just kitchen items? How about the fridge? I've met a few state park raccoons who could open a fridge with ease. I haven't seen any at the Fort, just the pushy squirrels.

Do you mind me asking what your average length of stay is? I suppose if you are regular campers, you would have set up/break down perfected.

No problems with the fridge. We keep a bungy cord wrapped around it, to keep it locked shut. We usually stay from 3 to 5 days. This trip was a family get together/Thanksgiving/Mom's BDay. We were the base camp loop 400. Everybody else were in the cabins. Yes, we are very efficient set up and break down campers.

Oh, about food. We have a separate kitchen bag with compartments. We use a bread buddy and plastic bins for chips and snacks so they don't get crushed. This bag stays inside the truck, unless we are eating. We got "raccooned" in Anastasia state park. Unzipped the canvas and snatched a 3lb bags of twizzlers.

Oh, about food. We have a separate kitchen bag with compartments. We use a bread buddy and plastic bins for chips and snacks so they don't get crushed. This bag stays inside the truck, unless we are eating. We got "raccooned" in Anastasia state park. Unzipped the canvas and snatched a 3lb bags of twizzlers.
Oh dear …. it would be a nuisance if food got stolen…….but I’d be out for blood if my Twizzlers disappeared!

Enjoying this thread! Anyone else with pictures now that we’re in the 2020s?

I’m really interested in seeing how ye store food…. Noticing some dorm & sm fridges … even tho all seem to be under a shelter, What happens when it’s windy and raining? Do squirrels or other critters like the taste of wiring?
Re: non-perishables, I’m heard of squirrels chewing thru plastic bins…. I wonder if a dedicated metal trash bin might be a solution?

We brought a 7x9 surplus Boy Scout canvas tent and also one 10x12 and used cots in them for our Thanksgiving 2022 trip in site 114 along with our Aliner.

We had a tarp for a floor and plastic clear drop clothes as insurance against rain.

The tents were held up with 2" metal conduit and an angle kit.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter