Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

SO, previous experience...
With dates being extended into 2017 next week, are fares really cheapest on release day?
I have the credit card ready to go!

SO, previous experience...
With dates being extended into 2017 next week, are fares really cheapest on release day?
I have the credit card ready to go!
The historical answer to this question is dependent on your city pairings, day of the week, time of the flight, and time of the year. My answer to your question is YES and NO. It's really hard to make any prediction without a ton of facts. As an example: a flight from Connecticut to Disney in early February likely will behave differently than a flight from Michigan to Disney over MLK weekend.

The historical answer to this question is dependent on your city pairings, day of the week, time of the flight, and time of the year. My answer to your question is YES and NO. It's really hard to make any prediction without a ton of facts. As an example: a flight from Connecticut to Disney in early February likely will behave differently than a flight from Michigan to Disney over MLK weekend.
Well if you do have a magic ball, or even all the historical data, I can give you all the details :crazy2:
MHT -> MCO - EARLY morning non-stop flight Saturday 7 January - 2 adults (1 really a 9 year old)
MCO -> MHT - Mid afternoon non-stop flight Saturday 14 January (MLK weekend) - 2 adults (1 really a 9 year old)
That said, I don't expect exacts...just a general rule :rolleyes:

Well if you do have a magic ball, or even all the historical data, I can give you all the details :crazy2:
MHT -> MCO - EARLY morning non-stop flight Saturday 7 January - 2 adults (1 really a 9 year old)
MCO -> MHT - Mid afternoon non-stop flight Saturday 14 January (MLK weekend) - 2 adults (1 really a 9 year old)
That said, I don't expect exacts...just a general rule :rolleyes:

I'm a Pittsburgh flyer and have traveled in that time frame before on a few occasions (we now go in late January/1st week of February each year). My experience has been that flights from PIT during that time frame were NOT cheapest at release date and got cheaper in the late August/September purchase time period. Somebody with MHT experience may have some additional (and possibly contradictory) info. The early morning flights do tend to be more popular for departure so that one could actually get more expensive rather than cheaper if it starts to fill up. IF your flight home is NOT the last non-stop of the day it probably won't be as likely to rise as I've seen the last flight of the day tend to be popular to max out that Disney magic.

ETA: Last year Southwest had some sort of sale in late July and that is when I locked in our flight prices. I booked on Friday July 24th for Early February.

I am waiting for tomorrow's fares to be released. Do they go up at 6:00 am? I need 5 but am I better off to search in groups of 2 for the lower fare? should I put in for 5? this will be for Feb school vac, prob leaving on the Wed before to get the lower pricing. :) Thanks!!!

I am waiting for tomorrow's fares to be released. Do they go up at 6:00 am? I need 5 but am I better off to search in groups of 2 for the lower fare? should I put in for 5? this will be for Feb school vac, prob leaving on the Wed before to get the lower pricing. :) Thanks!!!
I would search for 1 person and see what the prices are. Then search for 5 people and see if the prices are the same. If they are - you are fine to book all 5 at once. If not...you may need to split the bookings up to secure the lowest prices available.

Waiting here, too!
Fingers crossed for amazing fares (and EBCI spot) for January from Manchester! =)

Thank goodness for coffee! Got to get flights from Albany during Feb break - I know of at least 3 close friends doing the exact same thing right now, so I can't imagine how many others are out there!

I got WGAF too, but $300 one way for our return flight. The $200 fares sold out from under me as I was typing. It sucked. Bye-bye Beach Club. Oh well, POR will be fine and we're going to Disney World!

Booked for DH and I, Feb 24th until Mar 8th....Thank you SW for extending your schedule one more day than advertised...12 nights at Disney, our longest trip yet.YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was on RIGHT when they added the dates. Not cheaper, for sure. Pretty much normal prices for me....I'm going to wait and see if the other carriers will come down now that SW released their fares.

I have never flown before and will be looking to book our flights when the next schedule is released. I see that under the "wanna get away" it shows reusable funds and under the "anytime" it shows refundable and reusable. Does this mean on the "anytime" that you can cancel a flight once booked and receive a cash refund? It is not a credit to be used later? Also, if prices come down, under the "anytime" can you be credited the difference in cash or is it a credit for future use only?

Does this mean on the "anytime" that you can cancel a flight once booked and receive a cash refund? It is not a credit to be used later? Also, if prices come down, under the "anytime" can you be credited the difference in cash or is it a credit for future use only?

1) Does this mean on the "anytime" that you can cancel a flight once booked and receive a cash refund? Yes
2) It is not a credit to be used later? Correct
3) Also, if prices come down, under the "anytime" can you be credited the difference in cash or is it a credit for future use only? Credited in cash

1) Does this mean on the "anytime" that you can cancel a flight once booked and receive a cash refund? Yes
2) It is not a credit to be used later? Correct
3) Also, if prices come down, under the "anytime" can you be credited the difference in cash or is it a credit for future use only? Credited in cash

Thank you so much!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter