possibly the lamest PIN ever

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by krispyk, Sep 1, 2010.

1. krispyk

krispyk Earning My Ears

I couldn't believe I was actually sent a PIN. Then I read the email...

10% off resorts for select Sundays through Thursdays when they're already offering room discounts of 25% to 40%.

W.T.F. ?

2. larryz

larryz Rogue Five DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Dubya Tee Eff = what's this for? (I hope...after all, this is a family board.)

Anyway, are you sure it's a pin, or was it the "general public code" email?

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

It's a separate offer than the public offers, for which there is limited availability. This offer is likely a sign that the bigger public discounts have been effective and the rooms set aside for those offers are pretty well booked up on the dates when the 10% discount would be effective.

5. Tarheel girl 1975

Tarheel girl 1975 Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

I got a pin once which actually wasn't a discount at all. The rates listed on the pin were rack rates. Needless to say, we didn't use it.

6. Music City Mama

Music City Mama DIS Veteran

I can relate! I'm going to C&P below my post on a thread from the Discounts Codes/Rates board:

My calculations show that it's slighty cheaper than this without this "deal". Unless kids are free (which they failed to mention), I don't see how this is a deal at all. And yes, it has an actual PIN in the email to mention when making the reservation. So weird.

7. mamabright

mamabright Mouseketeer

I got the same PIN code. The dates didn't work for me but I did not do the math to see if it was a good deal or not. I went last on the 4/3 deal so I want that again so I can convince DH to go back anytime soon.

8. shanasbananas

shanasbananas Earning My Ears

YES! The 4/3 deal was awesome! We did that last summer and even though there's free dining this trip, I think the 4/3 worked out better for us. Hope it comes back some day! pixiedust:

9. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Honestly, unless something drastic happens to the economy, I don't think you will ever see the 4/3 deal again. I think that would be a deal they would lose money on, and would most likely never do again unless they were really, really desparate.