Possible Early Arrival What to Do

GOOFY4DONALD

DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They wer
We usually fly in to MCO around 4pm. However due to extremely high airfare and really horrible return times (like 6 am on departure day) we may fly out at 6pm the night before and arrive at 5am.
We know our room won't be ready for several hours. We are just trying to figure out if saving 150pp plus about 20k in miles is worth arriving that early. What would you do for your family? Here is some background on us.

Family of my... myself, DH, dd17, ds14, dsf 13.

The long stretch of our flight is 4.5 hours.

Staying at BWI club level.

Magic kingdom does open at 8 am for extra magical hours.

Thank you

I most certainly would fly in that early if it saved me that much. Maybe just hang out by the pool or around the resort until your room is ready and then hit the parks after you rest a bit. That is a lot of $ to save and the kids are older so they should be just fine.

I most certainly would fly in that early if it saved me that much. Maybe just hang out by the pool or around the resort until your room is ready and then hit the parks after you rest a bit. That is a lot of $ to save and the kids are older so they should be just fine.
That's what I'm thinking. We hardly sleep before a trip anyway... at least this way being up all night would be productive.

I would hit a park but if that is not an option then I would swim at the resort, explore the resort, or head to Disney springs. When the room is ready maybe take a nap or relax for a bit.

I would hit a park but if that is not an option then I would swim at the resort, explore the resort, or head to Disney springs. When the room is ready maybe take a nap or relax for a bit.
I'm thinking 4.5 hours on a plane is plety of time to rest. We can arrive have breakfast in the lounge and head to MK for EMH. Plenty of time for a nap before our dinner reservations

5am is definitely early but I would do it. It's our preferred way of flying - well not to land quite so early but I'd take it. I hate losing a whole vacation day for travelling and if it is saving you money as well, that would clinch it.

I know club level usually includes appies and stuff, would it have a breakfast of sorts as well? I would think any food would be out when you go there so could check in, grab a bite to eat and then head to a park for a few hours. I'd also request early check in in advance too as maybe you'll get lucky. Plan to head back once your room is ready for some naps and make a hotel ADR for dinner so everyone can rest up and go to bed early.

5am is definitely early but I would do it. It's our preferred way of flying - well not to land quite so early but I'd take it. I hate losing a whole vacation day for travelling and if it is saving you money as well, that would clinch it.

I know club level usually includes appies and stuff, would it have a breakfast of sorts as well? I would think any food would be out when you go there so could check in, grab a bite to eat and then head to a park for a few hours. I'd also request early check in in advance too as maybe you'll get lucky. Plan to head back once your room is ready for some naps and make a hotel ADR for dinner so everyone can rest up and go to bed early.
This would be a great plan. A nice breakfast is available at 7am. I think it doable

Sleep on the plane, drop your carryons at the resort, book an 8am PPO breakfast, and hit a park till you're tired

I would hang at the pool. I don't sleep well the night before and I can't sleep or relax on the plane-me constantly checking where we are...yeah that's relaxing!

So I vote pool, why start your vacation tiredand then get more tired by walking around a park.

Someone suggested requesting early check in. I know that would be only a request and I wouldn't expect it. However if I happened to get that what time, approximately, would that be... 2? 1?

I've arrived super early twice, and once our room was ready and once it was close to 11. I would go straight to the hotel to at least get rid of your stuff then hit a park. Plan for an early evening to rest for day2.

I'm thinking 4.5 hours on a plane is plety of time to rest. We can arrive have breakfast in the lounge and head to MK for EMH. Plenty of time for a nap before our dinner reservations
Providing you and the kids can get rest on a plane.

I've arrived super early twice, and once our room was ready and once it was close to 11. I would go straight to the hotel to at least get rid of your stuff then hit a park. Plan for an early evening to rest for day2.
If our room could be ready any time before 3 it would be great. We would plan on breakfast at our hotel and then hit the park. Midday nap, walk to Epcot for dinner and go to bed early. I'm always tired the first day no matter what.

Providing you and the kids can get rest on a plane.
We usually can. It's is a long flight. DH usually can't. However he will have gone to work at 3am so I'm sure he will nap. He stayed up almost 24 hours when we had to catch a flight to Texas. He slept for 2 hours at the airport.... now that's something I couldn't do.

I've had rooms ready as early as 7:30 at BW and as late as 3 pm. We always request early check in over anything else. If you aren't picky about the view, you have a better chance of getting into a room early.

Add the night before you arrival to your reservation, and tell Disney the time that you will be arriving. This guarantees that your room will be available as soon as you get there at 5Am because you will have checked in the afternoon before. Then it gives everyone a chance to get in the room, shower and relax or sleep a little before you start your day.

I've had rooms ready as early as 7:30 at BW and as late as 3 pm. We always request early check in over anything else. If you aren't picky about the view, you have a better chance of getting into a room early.
I'm not holding out hope our room will be available. We are staying standard club level. Since there's so few rooms I can wish but I'm not holding out much hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter