Portrait Artist at the BC Lobby

MNT568

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever had a portrait drawn by the Portrait Artist in the BC Lobby? I was wondering how much it costs and how long it takes to complete the drawing? I would love to get a portrait done of my DS during our December trip.

I have not seen the portrait artist at the BC, but on our last trip to ASMu my DGS had his portrait done by the artist there.

It took about 20 minutes and cost about $25.00.

He did a great job and we have it hung up in our living room. He drew my DGS as if he were Superman. In fact we thought we might have the whole family done this time around.

We had my DD's portrait done in chalk by a lady at the YC last August and it is PRICELESS! It cost $75 - but it is a perfect duplication of my Daughter. You can look at her and see the child she was and the beautiful woman she will become. The eyes are incredible. We have it framed and placed in our living room. Everyone who comes into our house comments on it. It is truly awsome.

It took the artist about 30-40 minutes. She kept reassuring my DD that she didn't have to sit perfectly still - though it was amazing - even at 5 years old - she sat pretty still!

I just looked and the artist's name was Mila Panfilova. She is from Russia. She started working for Disney cleaning rooms until they discovered she could draw. Her English was a bit hard to understand, but she was very kind and patient with my DD. If you have an opportunity for her to draw your child - DO IT!!

Morganne's Mommy

That sounds wonderful. We are staying at the BCV's and I'm wondering...if we have 3 sons, do they triple that price for three children?

bump, anyone know the answer to the above?

Thanks Morganne's Mommy! The pictures thay had up in the stand were beautiful. Everytime we walked by it in May, I kept thinking I want to do this. I think my DS (also 5) could sit for 30 minutes. I think this will be my Christmas present.

We had our two children done together by a woman at the GF in June. It as $150 ($75 each) for the portrait. It took about two hours for her to complete and each child was done separately on the canvas. The likenesses are quite close although they don't look exactly like our children. Having to hold an expression seemed difficult for my daughter (age 7 then) and so she held her jaw too tightly and it looks bigger in the picture than in real life. Son looks almost too perfect for a (age 9 then) boy. We love it because we really can see the essence of who they are in the portrait and had it framed (for a wad of money when we got home) and have it over our mantel. We had the resort ship it home and it was REALLY well packed and in perfect condition when we received it. -HM

We were at the Beach Club Villas last week and saw the artist in the lobby. She was wonderful! The liknesses to the children she was drawing were amazing! We seriously considered having her draw our three children but just couldn't find the time. The price per child was either $80 or $85 for a thirty minute sitting(although it seemed like the sittings actually took longer), but there was no price break for them sitting together in the same portrait.

Every time we walked through the BC lobby we would see a child being done. My three kids would always comment on how they would hate to have to sit still and do that on vacation. Some looked just like the kids but a few I just kind of thought - uh not really.

In June, I had my DGD's portrait done by a wonderful woman named Echo. My DGD actually wanted to have it done. It was $80 and I loved it so much I tipped her $20. There were two women in BC lobby doing them and we liked Echo's better.

My parents had one done of our two kids as an anniversary gift to us 4 years ago. They had it done at the GF and I can't remember the woman's name, but I believe she was in a wheelchair. The portrait is BEAUTIFUL. It especially captures my stepdaughter perfectly and I swear she put every one of my son's freckles on there!

My parents took the kids one night while my sister and I went out with our husbands at CityWalk. When we came back to our room that night the portrait was propped up on our pillows. I gasped as I walked into the room first....my husband thought we had been robbed or something until he saw it!:eek:

It hangs in our living room with their framed school pictures on each side.

How do you sign-up for the portraits.

We were thinking about having this done at the BC when we are there in Jan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter