Portofino vs RPR

chicagoshannon

DIS Veteran
We are booked at RPR in 13 days. I just checked the AP rates and Portofino would actually be cheaper. We have a king standard room booked but would switch to a queen garden view at Portofino.

My questions:

1. can we walk to Universal? How far is the walk?

2. Is it a quieter resort?

I like the theming of Portofino better I think. We haven't stayed at either one but have visited RPR and thought it was a bit busy. We need to decide (really I have to decide as DH is leaving it up to me) if it's worth giving up a king bed and a closer walk. This will be a no kids romantic getaway.

Definitely Portofino for a romantic getaway. I’ve stayed at Portofino and visited RPR so I don’t have the full pacific experience, just drawing on what I have seen so far. I have stayed twice at Portofino and it is the only resort I will stay at now. It is definitely the quietest of the resorts but the walk will be longer than from RPR. We tend to take the boats since we like to save our feet for the parks but last night we walked back in for dinner and it was a really nice walk.

Definitely Portofino for a romantic getaway. I’ve stayed at Portofino and visited RPR so I don’t have the full pacific experience, just drawing on what I have seen so far. I have stayed twice at Portofino and it is the only resort I will stay at now. It is definitely the quietest of the resorts but the walk will be longer than from RPR. We tend to take the boats since we like to save our feet for the parks but last night we walked back in for dinner and it was a really nice walk.
Thanks. I'm watching some youtube videos now and definitely leaning toward Portofino. I do like the idea of being closer to Citywalk( RPR) but the serenity of Portofino is winning at the moment. I ended up booking it to make sure we get the rate and will cancel whichever we decide to not stay at tomorrow.

Thanks. I'm watching some youtube videos now and definitely leaning toward Portofino. I do like the idea of being closer to Citywalk( RPR) but the serenity of Portofino is winning at the moment. I ended up booking it to make sure we get the rate and will cancel whichever we decide to not stay at tomorrow.

If serenity is what you are after, the Portofino wins out every time. It feels secluded, like you’re in your own little world out there. It really allows you to seperate the parks from the relaxation.

Can’t go wrong with either.......both are very beautiful resorts.

Portofino seems like a longer walk, but it’s still not far from the parks at all. The walk is very nice and shaded too.

And the boats are there too if you need them, only if there’s lightning will they stop running.

Thanks. We've decided to go with Portofino. So if anyone is wanting a king standard room at RPR check later today because there will be on available!

If we walk to Universal will we be walking right by Hard Rock also?

Thanks. We've decided to go with Portofino. So if anyone is wanting a king standard room at RPR check later today because there will be on available!

If we walk to Universal will we be walking right by Hard Rock also?

You’ll have a lovely time there.......nice hotel......:thumbsup2

Don't do club level at Portofino. It isn't like Disney where the club is near your room. It was so far from ours, it was almost unusable. And for the extra $75 a day would have paid for the few drinks and snacks we ate from the club, with money to spare. Just my two cents.

Otherwise, Portofino is a perfectly fine hotel for the price. I wasn't blown away, but is convenient location, early entry, and express pass were great benefits. It is also rather scenic, if not a little to Vegas-like in the quality of the detail. In other words, it looks good from far away, but cheap as you get closer. But, we had a great time and it met expectations for a theme park hotel.

Thanks. We aren't doing Club Level as we would definitely not got our money's worth. Hopefully we don't regret our decision to stay there instead of RPR.

We’ve stayed at both and quite honestly prefer RPR. We like the proximity for walking to the parks better, the theme of the resort and had better service at RPR. The PBH rooms are definitely larger and the food at sals deli is yum, and if you take the boat instead of walk to the parks it really doesn’t matter. The biggest thing for us was the service, which many on here say is great at PBH, so maybe we were a fluke. For our dates PBH could save us $210 plus tax, but we stuck with RPR after our “one thing after another” stay at PBH last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter