Portofino or Royal Pacific

I have stayed at both. Personally I liked PBH better, both because of the theme and because of the room size. However, RP is a much shorter walk to the parks than PBH, if that matters to you.

Thank you for validating my experience. The boats get so much love on these boards that I started to question myself. The first time it was mid afternoon, and we waited half an hour with 6 hot kids. I figured it was just an off time, and there weren't many boats running. But then it kept happening, both in the evenings and in the mornings. Maybe our trip was just a really low-crowd time so few boats were running? IDK. It just seemed strange that the bus transportation from Cabana Bay was faster and more frequent than the boats. It's good to know that my experience isn't the norm, but I still think all things being equal, I'll choose RPR or HRH for the walking option when I stay premier.
I hope you didn't think I was dismissing your experience, that wasn't my intention. I was just surprised at how different experiences were. It was my first time at Universal. I've had the same thing happen at a Disney resort. Someone was there the same time as me and had a great experience and ours was the exact opposite. We debated hard rock for the shorter walk (we wouldn't walk PBH, my son has an issue with his foot) bit ultimately decided on PBH for the teeming.

I hope you didn't think I was dismissing your experience, that wasn't my intention. I was just surprised at how different experiences were. It was my first time at Universal. I've had the same thing happen at a Disney resort. Someone was there the same time as me and had a great experience and ours was the exact opposite. We debated hard rock for the shorter walk (we wouldn't walk PBH, my son has an issue with his foot) bit ultimately decided on PBH for the teeming.
No, not at all! I get annoyed with Disney buses, and the boat situation made me think of Disney all over again. I was mostly surprised because the boats get so much love on these boards, but in my experience, the Universal buses were so much more frequent and reliable. I started to sort of question my perception of the boats, so I appreciated hearing that someone else has had a similar experience.

I've seen the same things on hotel discussions (mostly on Facebook, but sometimes here, too) where some people love a hotel, and others have had a terrible experience there. Right now it seems like Cabana Bay is giving the most uneven experience. Some people are having problem after problem, and others are having amazing stays - it's almost like they're not even talking about the same place.

I have visited friends at PB and had such a wait for getting the boat ride to that hotel

Not sure if it was my timing or what ..

Other times I have had delays for going to the other hotels for a dinner meet up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!