Portofino Club Renovation - still worth it or more space and grocery/drizly delivery?

Thank you so much for the information and pictures! I just booked club level at Portofino for $60 more a night than the standard room at Royal Pacific we had originally booked. I have both reservations while I do a little investigating into what the club level entails.

It looked like cereal, bagels, pastries/donuts, and fruit for cold items in the pictures. Were the hot items potatoes, eggs and breakfast burritos?

Can you please post what the food line up was for the rest of the different time periods (if you were there for those)?

To give you an idea of offerings at the lounges, PB = Best, RP = Good, HR = It’ll do.

Thank you!! This helps immensely! That is way more food than I was expecting and certainly seems worth an extra $60 a night.

Oh yes, you will for sure get $60 out of it. If you miss midday snacks, you won't miss much but breakfast and dinner are substantial. The desserts are also good. Bite sized things like cheesecake, cannolis, tiramisu, Panna cotta, cookies.

Today's breakfast was sausage, cheese and egg English muffins, along with everything from yesterday. Some of the pastries were different.

Oh yes, you will for sure get $60 out of it. If you miss midday snacks, you won't miss much but breakfast and dinner are substantial. The desserts are also good. Bite sized things like cheesecake, cannolis, tiramisu, Panna cotta, cookies.

Today's breakfast was sausage, cheese and egg English muffins, along with everything from yesterday. Some of the pastries were different.
Yes $60 is a bargain IMO - its typically $100 a day more than a standard room
No doubt you can have breakfast and dinner as well as drinks and desserts every day and its actually pretty good quality wise as well.

I found it much better than Concierge at Disney in my experience - but at Disney that really varies by hotel.

Thank you so much for that detail! The reservations agent told us that the connecting room options are either K/K or Q/Q and they BOTH have to be club level if we wanted the option for the 4 of us, so we went with the Minons room (any older and they won’t think its near any more they are 6&8) for now and crossing my fingers it’s renovated to the new bathroom configuration - we will see! Really appreciate all the responses and the photos!

We recently returned from PBH club level. It was definitely worth it for us (2 adults + 13 y.o.). There was always space to be spread out inside and outside. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. A few notes from Aug 14-18

Breakfast 7-10:30 : The hot breakfast items rotated from eggs/ham croissant, breakfast burrito, English muffin sandwich, and ham/chees/eggs on hot buns. Boiled eggs, quinoa, chopped veg/ham and shredded cheese were also available at breakfast times along with pastries/donuts, oatmeal, cereal, hot hot hot coffee & tea, milk, yogurt, juice and the ever-present water/sodas.

snack time noon-3:30: Doritos, goldfish, pretzels, terra chips in individual bags, and sodas/water

'dinner' 5-7 (it worked for us with the exception of one night where we we did not have the hot dish): cheese, crackers, rolls, fresh veggies, dip, wine/beer, and a hot dish usually of some cooked veg, beef/chicken/pasta.

sweets 8-9: chocolate chip cookies, mini cheese cake bites, mini cannoli, min tiramisu, coffee/tea/soda

Keep in mind that it might cut into your park hours so weigh that in deciding if it is worth it. There were snacks noon-3:30, but I would not cut park hours to grab a bag of chips (there may have been granola bars at one point). We usually swung by on the way to the pool for our mid-day break. Breakfast worked well for us since the parks did not open until 9 and only US has early entry hour. If the parks have earlier entry, and you are earlier riser, then the breakfast hours may not work for you either.

We recently returned from PBH club level. It was definitely worth it for us (2 adults + 13 y.o.). There was always space to be spread out inside and outside. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. A few notes from Aug 14-18

Breakfast 7-10:30 : The hot breakfast items rotated from eggs/ham croissant, breakfast burrito, English muffin sandwich, and ham/chees/eggs on hot buns. Boiled eggs, quinoa, chopped veg/ham and shredded cheese were also available at breakfast times along with pastries/donuts, oatmeal, cereal, hot hot hot coffee & tea, milk, yogurt, juice and the ever-present water/sodas.

snack time noon-3:30: Doritos, goldfish, pretzels, terra chips in individual bags, and sodas/water

'dinner' 5-7 (it worked for us with the exception of one night where we we did not have the hot dish): cheese, crackers, rolls, fresh veggies, dip, wine/beer, and a hot dish usually of some cooked veg, beef/chicken/pasta.

sweets 8-9: chocolate chip cookies, mini cheese cake bites, mini cannoli, min tiramisu, coffee/tea/soda

Keep in mind that it might cut into your park hours so weigh that in deciding if it is worth it. There were snacks noon-3:30, but I would not cut park hours to grab a bag of chips (there may have been granola bars at one point). We usually swung by on the way to the pool for our mid-day break. Breakfast worked well for us since the parks did not open until 9 and only US has early entry hour. If the parks have earlier entry, and you are earlier riser, then the breakfast hours may not work for you either.
We were there the week prior to yours and we absolutely loved it! First time staying club anywhere so I have nothing to compare it too. We had breakfast and dinner there everyday and were satisfied and full. (In process of writing a trip report… The Trip of Firsts). We never did attend the midday snack due to park time. Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks so much to everyone who replied to this thread! As a frequent traveler for work my family is used to the benefits of the club levels at the big chain resort hotels etc, so I was not sure how my choice would play out! However, I wanted to share our experience here in case it helps anyone else consider their options like we did.

The poster who replied about the club level cutting into park hours is correct, especially in the AM when getting the kiddos dressed and pottied and sunscreened takes a bit! We had a fantastic week because I did my Instacart order from Publix the first evening we arrived. We are not big everyday breakfast people (coffee is my thing) and the kids prefer a protein cookie and/or cereal so I ordered our favorite Kcup pods, half and half for the fridge in the room, a quart of milk for their cereal, cereal, protein cookies, RXbars/protein bars for us, their favorite snacks for the afternoon (no club level will have spicy cheetos!) and lots of big Fiji water and pellegrino for us to enjoy for the week!
I also did an order from Total Wine and More so we had our preferred adult beverages for the week and that was easy also.
The minions room had a nice entry table with the Keurig and plenty of space to make an easy pantry while we were there.
Not only did this save us time and money over the club access and routine, we could enjoy coffee in the am without leaving the room and when we were exhausted in the afternoon we could head right back to the room and know that everything we needed was already there.

Hope this perspective helps others in their consideration! The only thing the hotel needs to do is add a 1/2 bath to the family suites, but we were able to manage just fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter