Portofino Club Level

gregsbrat

Mouseketeer
Is Club Level worth an extra $120 a night for a 3 night stay for 3 people? What extras are included throughout the day? Thanks

Whether club level is worth it or not is really more of an "it depends" answer. At Portofino a CL room gets you a Deluxe room (490 sqft). So you get some extra space to spread out over (assuming you are comparing against a base room.) With the lounge, you will get coffees, teas, juices, waters, colas, etc. through-out the day. And in the evenings, there will be a complementary "happy hour or couple of hours) with free adult drinks. They will serve breakfast in the mornings and hors devours in the evenings. Some folks will make a full meal from the hors devours in the evening. Others may want more variety. They will also put out desserts after dinner time. They won't have a full lunch, but they normally have snacks and a few sweet treats out between breakfast and dinner times. Along with food/drinks, the CL agents can be very helpful answering general hotel/park questions and might even be able to help make a dinner reservation if you want one (though I've never used them to do so myself.)

Personally, the best benefit of the lounge for me is it is a place I can head out to in the morning before everyone else wakes up. I can relax with reading the daily news or a good book. I can take my tablet and even catch up on emails and other on-line items. It is very nice to be able to do that without worrying about waking everyone else up. It is usually pretty quiet between breakfast and dinner time. We sometimes head back from the parks right after lunch and my daughter will take a nap (she likes to stay up late at night and then catch up on sleep then.) I can spread out in the lounge and do a little work very easily and not bother anyone. :)

If you are asking if it will save your more than $120/day in food/drink costs, with 3 of you, I'd guess unless you are planning on some heavy drinking in the evenings, you won't save any money. But for me, having a larger space in the hotel room, as well as, having the lounge to chill out in is worth every penny of that extra cost.

Never stayed cl at portifino bay but have at rpr and hard rock many times. For my family of 5 won’t stay w/o it. Went once in January stayed at RPR not club bc I had heard that club not worth it during COVID spent over 200.0 on each dinner. So the price is worth it for us. Love the concierge and convenience of it! We eat breakfast in club quick serve in park, late lunch Mythos, usually 1 or 2 nights somewhere in citywalk, get cabana with extra 50.00 food/ drink credits bc you are club level, rest of time club food. Here is a post of the pictures of some of the food offerings from our May stay... each hotel has different food offerings https://www.disboards.com/threads/universal-hard-rock-club-level-food-covid.3821892/post-63065527

As a quick question for any that may know, as we are considering booking a trip for August, how has the food offering changed for the club level @ Portofino due to Covid? Is it still "buffet style" where you just grab what you want? Are the selections still the same/similar? We went a few years ago and enjoyed it, and am just wondering how different it may be now.

It’s been a long time, but as i recall the club level lounge at that hotel is on the lobby level and my room was on a different floor. Make sure you know how close the room will be to the lounge if that is important to you.

As a quick question for any that may know, as we are considering booking a trip for August, how has the food offering changed for the club level @ Portofino due to Covid? Is it still "buffet style" where you just grab what you want? Are the selections still the same/similar? We went a few years ago and enjoyed it, and am just wondering how different it may be now.

Just left Portofino Bay today. We only stayed one night, but did have club access. You are not allowed to serve yourself except for fruit, snacks in the afternoon, and drinks. For breakfast yesterday they had donuts /bagels ( I think ? )wrapped individually that they gave you, potato wedges, and breakfast sandwiches that they served. Today was hash browns, hard boiled eggs , and breakfast burritos as far as what they served. For the 5 to 7 serving last night it was grilled chicken, asparagus with mixed vegetables, and potato wedges, and rolls. Once again, they served it and handed you the plate.

Just left Portofino Bay today. We only stayed one night, but did have club access. You are not allowed to serve yourself except for fruit, snacks in the afternoon, and drinks. For breakfast yesterday they had donuts /bagels ( I think ? )wrapped individually that they gave you, potato wedges, and breakfast sandwiches that they served. Today was hash browns, hard boiled eggs , and breakfast burritos as far as what they served. For the 5 to 7 serving last night it was grilled chicken, asparagus with mixed vegetables, and potato wedges, and rolls. Once again, they served it and handed you the plate.

DenMig, Appreciate the update. I figured they would have had to adjust in some way. Sounds like still a high quality offering, just served as opposed to grabbing all you want. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter