Port Vancouver

mom4fun

DIS Veteran
Does DCL print boarding passes if you fly on approved list of airlines like they do coming into Port Canaveral? How convenient is the DCL transfers from ship to airport?

first off .... I don't know the answer to your questions.

BUT do you really want to take the DCL transfer from the airport to the port? Because for less than $10 (CDN) per adult you can take the SkyTrain (Canada Line) from the airport to about two blocks from the port. If you have lots of luggage and kids in tow, this could be more difficult. And the return trip is less expensive by $5 (CDN) per person. They have implemented a time of day fare system, so your costs could be more or less depending upon day of week and time.

But the SkyTrain will get you to the port in less than 45 minutes (getting on the train, travel and then walking to the port). The Airport is the first stop and Waterfront station is the last stop. We've managed it easily with one large suitcase and one carry on per person - but have not tried it (yet) with anyone under 10 years old.

Skytrain is the way to go. We had a few bags, but older kids that could wrangle them. Inexpensive, easy, clean-if you have space, time-wise, I would recommend them. We printed our boarding passes at the airport.

We did a debarkation day excursion via DCL that we booked onboard. A bus took us (with luggage underneath) to major Vancouver sites such as Stanley Park and the Capilano Suspension bridge park. We had about an hour and a half or two hours to independently explore the latter. My son and I even had lunch there. It was a great way to top off the cruise. Then the bus delivered us to the airport around 1pm.

When on the wonder while back, I asked if they could do southwest check in. Guest services onboard said yes. I was instead able to use my iPhone.

We did a debarkation day excursion via DCL that we booked onboard. A bus took us (with luggage underneath) to major Vancouver sites such as Stanley Park and the Capilano Suspension bridge park. We had about an hour and a half or two hours to independently explore the latter. My son and I even had lunch there. It was a great way to top off the cruise. Then the bus delivered us to the airport around 1pm.
We have a flight that leaves at 2:00. Too bad because that sounds fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter