Port Orleans Riverside with allergies

disfan07

DIS Veteran
We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time and I have multiple food allergies. Last time we stayed at POP and they were wonderful.

My allergies are: peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, shellfish, wheat, oats, coconut, soy protein (not soy lechitin or soybean oil)" sesame, sunflower seeds (not sunflower oil), broccoli, ginger, all raw fruit (except grapes) all raw vegetables.

So in general, how are they with allergies? And Specifically...

Can the make allergy safe waffles and/ or pancakes?
Do they have the allergy safe chicken tenders?
Do they have gluten free pasta for their make you own pasta bar?

We are excited to try a new resort!

Why do you not want to email specialdiets?

We stayed at POR our last trip. We ate breakfast every morning there and had just as great experience there as we had at POP which I thought would be impossible. I actually liked it better because I found it to be less busy than the food court at POP. A few of the mornings if we timed it right the chef brought my DDs food to our table.

We've experienced over 2 dozen TS meals, over 30 days worth of QS meals, and three different resorts' food courts. Over the years my DD has had multiple FAs, to a vegetarian and an FA to now only her milk.allergy remaining. Out of all of those we've only had two bad experiences. Ironically, for my DD because she loves fish, our first bad experience was at Coral Reef. We've not had a desire to go back and when she usually orders salmon everywhere we go anyways..... Our second was at Tusker House. However we've been back there twice and it is one of our favorites. CRs "food court" wasn't my favorite experience as far as the resorts go, but it was more just the food court in general.

But I'm rambling.... I agree that POP was amazing. But we had pleasant and stress free breakfasts and a few dinners at POR as well. They made DD milk free pancakes, Mickey shaped no less. She never got those at POP. I realize she only has the one to avoid now and you have several. But I've always thought the level of service we've received when she had several to now only one has been impeccable across the board.

I hope you enjoy POR! We loved it so much and especially the lounge entertainment which I am totally drawing a blank on but it was so fun! However my DD still prefers POP. She says, that place we stayed last time was too fancy for me, and we were in the bayou!

I hope you enjoy POR! We loved it so much and especially the lounge entertainment which I am totally drawing a blank on but it was so fun! However my DD still prefers POP. She says, that place we stayed last time was too fancy for me, and we were in the bayou!

Yeehaw Bob?

OP, you could also ask in the POR thread on the Resorts board. Very active and enthusiastic thread there. :) If you have already, do forgive me, I haven't popped in today.

It's not that I don't want to email special diets. It's just that I've never had to and things have been wonderful and I figure I get as good if not better information in these boards than from special diets.

Also, A lot of the recent reviews about the assistance fom special diets has not been great.

I know the only special allergy foods I can eat are the allergy chicken tenders, the enjoy life cookies and the namaste waffle/pancake mix.

I'm allergic to the other "allergy friendly" foods like rice dream, tofutti, GNI, French meadow, Udis, and Amy's brand foods. So I just always got my info from here and not bothered with special diets. But if I can't get the info here, I'll probably email special diets. I still have 14 weeks so I'm still hoping for some first hand experience with the allergy chicken tenders and allergy waffles.

But I'll definitely post on the POR thread. They have been great with other questions....don't know why I didn't think to post there before!

Most of the time everything I eat is not special allergy food, its just regular food modified for my allergies.

On the disABILITIES! thread I missed your question about the pasta. Yes they do carry GF pasta and they should be able to make up a create your own for you in the kitchen.

On the disABILITIES! thread I missed your question about the pasta. Yes they do carry GF pasta and they should be able to make up a create your own for you in the kitchen.

Thanks! I read your post on my other thread so thank you again! I appreciate all of your responses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter