Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Guest Rooms

Jenna Lyons

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a Disney trip for my mom's 60th birthday in September. We've gone to Disney 3 times already and Riverside is her favorite. I want it to be extra special, so I am considering booking a Royal Guest room for only $300 total more for the vacation. Does anyone recommend this or have any other resort suggestions?

I'm planning a Disney trip for my mom's 60th birthday in September. We've gone to Disney 3 times already and Riverside is her favorite. I want it to be extra special, so I am considering booking a Royal Guest room for only $300 total more for the vacation. Does anyone recommend this or have any other resort suggestions?
Sounds lovely! I bet she'll be thrilled. What a sweet daughter she has.:flower3:

We enjoyed the Royal Room. It was myself and adult daughter. They are supper cute! We had a great garden view location near river path in Oak Manor. Looked into central courtyard but if I looked right could see the river.

I think this so sweet! We enjoyed our stay in a royal room! To be perfectly honest, I was getting tired of POR. We are a family of five so we had been staying in Alligator Bayou. My son wasn't able to come with us, so since it was just going to be my hubby, two daughters and myself, we booked a royal room. I am so glad we did! The room was beautiful (loved our very own fireworks) and the area was just so peaceful. We had a room on the first floor right by a quiet pool. It was a short walk across a bridge to the buses and food court. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again! I know you and your mom will have a great time!

I'm glad I saw this thread :) My friends and I (all adults) are going in October and none of us have ever stayed at POR...usually I stay at Coronado. We booked royal rooms at POR for this coming trip...looks like we'll love them! :)

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Royal room our last trip and she was blown away. I thought it was worth the extra price.

Oh yay!!! We're staying in a Royal Room for Christmas this year (1st time at WDW)- it sounds amazing!! I've heard only good things

Our DD was celebrating her 21st birthday. We started the 2 week trip at the POR RR. She loved it. We were on the first floor right outside the bridge to get to the food court. It was so convenient. We had a river view and it was lovely. We were not happy with the food court but that was because the POFQ's food court was closed so it made this one so so crowded. We only ate there once because it was so hectic, messy and not good food for the price - but I bet that will be better now.

You will love the room - what a sweet thing to do. Enjoy!

My DD and I absolutely love the POR Royal Rooms. We stay every fall and is a great choice for a mother/daughter trip. It is worth the extra $ in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter