Port Orleans Riverside questions

916chipndale

You've got a friend in me
Hey, we just booked POR for 10 nights starting July 15. Will be our first time staying there. So, for a couple of questions, do the busses (except for the MK bus) always share with the French Quarter? Or do they have their own in the morning and at night? Also, I notice there are 4 bus stops inside POR. Do the busses always stop at those, or should we just use the main bus stop? TIA.

1. I would count on all buses except MK to share with POFQ.

2. Yes, all buses stop at all 4 internal bus stops.

Have fun and bring your patience! Both Port Orleans resorts are lovely, but there are LOTS of bus stops.

It tends to share with POFQ, except it doesn't seem to during busier times.

I never found the multiple stops to take very long. The bus will stop, but will move along quickly if no one is interested in the bus. The major postive of the multiple stops is your walk to the bus stop is much shorter!

Re: sharing buses with POFQ. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Depends on how busy each resort is, time of year, and even time of day. During busier times (high resort occupancy, park opening/closing) they will have separate buses. Other times (slower seasons, midday) they will share.

Just back from POR and we didn't have too much trouble with bus transportation. One morning the crowd was 99% for MK and 3 AK, 2 HS, 2 Epcot and 1 Downtown bus before a guest spoke to a driver who radioed dispatch...about 2 minutes later 2 MK buses arrived together.
It was rare that a bus pulled up in the mornings with FQ guests already aboard. We used the South Depot which gets the most crowded. If the bus were too full we would often drive straight to the park without stopping at the other POR depots.
Returning from the parks POR was always full, but FQ was often empty. We jumped into the FQ line a couple of times. The walk from FQ to POR was no big deal and seemed a nice trade off to waiting for a POR bus and having to stand. One evening DW and I took FQ back. After the FQ guests exited the driver asked if we were POR and offered to drive us over. He said it isn't usual but he could make an exception for us.
My suggestion, get a preferred room and use the POR South Depot whenever possible to avoid a full bus passing you by at the other depots.

We were there in mid-December, and I was never on a shared bus; we only went to POR stops. Sometimes coming back from the parks, the resorts shared a bus stop, but never shared a bus.

Re: sharing buses with POFQ. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Depends on how busy each resort is, time of year, and even time of day. During busier times (high resort occupancy, park opening/closing) they will have separate buses. Other times (slower seasons, midday) they will share.

I agree with this.

I stay at POFQ and of all of our stays, we have only shared a bus with POR twice. Our trips have been in August and September if that helps.

I agree with this.

I stay at POFQ and of all of our stays, we have only shared a bus with POR twice. Our trips have been in August and September if that helps.

We'll be staying in July, so maybe this will be the case.

I agree with this.

I'll 3rd that. We stayed at POFQ in November and only shared with POR the last couple of trips when coming/going at off-peak times. The bus to DTD seems to go to POR first ( we usually take the boat but used the bus in the morning or when weather stops the boats.)

We've stayed at POR twice - once in May and once in September. In May, POR rarely shared buses with POFQ. In September, POR shared with POFQ occasionally during the afternoon when going to the parks but not when coming back. And this was during a weekday afternoon when it was slow anyway. September is a slow time of year and this was the only times we saw the two resorts sharing buses.

During busier times they each have their own buses... So it depends on the crowds. But the last time we were there we shared with FQ.

Yes, the bus stops at each depot at PoR do I'd go to the closest bus stop - but of you're gonna refill your mug or grab something at the lobby, then the main stop is right there.

We stayed at POR last Feb over President's Day week. It was very crowded and we often shared with FQ.

I stayed at POFQ in March, 6 years ago. So...things may have changed since then. I would consider March to be one of the "busier" times. We always shared with POR and the buses were always very full.

I'm considering staying at POR next year, but we'll have a rental car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!