Port Orleans Riverside family of 5

bwmmfan

Mouseketeer
Please help me. Our Spring trip to Disney has been up and down as much as the stock market. We have switched from ASMu suite to not going to Windsor Hills Resorts now we are considering POR with a trundle. I have three boys 14,10 and 7. The older two are both over 5 feet tall. I am concerned about space. This is supposed to be happy time planning isn't it? Right now I feel like :eek: :scared1: a bundle of nerves over it. What would anyone recommend....more room or on site????

We love POR but given the size of your boys it may be a tight fit for all 5 of you. The trundle bed is for someone relatively small. If you want to stay on property have you thought about the all star family suites or getting 2 rooms at POP?:thumbsup2

Love POR. As a family of 5, we find it suits us just fine. Our girls did fine the first time we stayed their in 2003 and at that time they were close to your boys ages. The oldest DD was close to 5' 7", so she had a spot on one of the beds. The middle DD was just about 5 feet and she fought with the youngest to sleep on the trundle. She didn't seem to have a problem with it and was always trying to make a deal with the youngest to have the trundle every night.

We were also there just last year and still enjoyed the stay and room. Oldest DD now at 6 feet and middle DD at 5'5" and she still wanted to sleep on the trundle. The room is a little tight now, but we didn't mind as we do not spend much time in our room and we just love to stay here. HTH

Don't worry, the Port Orleans Riverside is just fine for the 5 of you. Actually you have to ask to stay in the Magnolia Mansions which they have rollaway beds that actually fit an adult. Stay in the riverside and call to put some speciall requests to stay in the magnolia mansions and then when you arrive request a rollaway bed. And also request either to stay at the Magnolia Terrace or the Oak Manor which both have a very good location and are beautiful.

Don't change your reservation to the Pop, you will just love the Riverside and the rooms are just perfect for a family of 5.

Good luck

I think you'd be fine at POR.

There are two queen size beds and the 7 year old will easily fit on the trundle bed.

If given the choice, I would pick POR over a family suite in a value resort. But I'm cheap :)

I'll be staying there with a family of 6...although one will be a baby. We don't spend much time in the room so it's okay.

I think it all would depend on how much time you spend in the room and if the rest of you can comfortably sleep in double beds. We have freinds that did CSR with 2 boys (10 and 12 at the time) and hated the place because of the bed size. No one slept well, they were all cranky and tired, etc. The next time they went, even with a family of four, they did deluxe for the queen beds. We are similar to them. Even when our youngest was a baby in a crib, we stayed deluxe instead of moderate because of the small beds. Maybe it's us though. We sleep in a king at home, so when we see queens, they look so small!

I've never stayed at POR, so I can't speak to that. However, another option that might be worth checking into are the Fort Wilderness Cabins. They will easily sleep 5.

We stayed there with 2 adults, 14 and 15 year olds in the other bed, a year old on the trundle bed, and a 7 month old baby in a crib

All went well - not an issue - just need to be organized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter