Port Orleans French Quarters

Aussieprincess

Mouseketeer
We are staying at POFQ for our Disneymoon in October/November. would love to hear from anyone who has stayed there and has any advise, suggestions, stories... :-)

I stayed there for a solo trip in December 2009. It's a very quiet resort, with newly refurbished rooms. The resort is small, has great services--the boat to Downtown Disney, the use of all of the amenities at POR. It's nestled on the Sassagoula River and has a beautiful river view. You will enjoy it there.

We stayed there for the first time last summer. LOVED it! The resort is small so it is easy to get around. The boat to DTD is fun! The bus service was awesome. We never had to wait long @ all.

The landscaping is beautiful! It is so peaceful and very quiet!

You will love it!

Our family has stayed at POFQ several times. We will be back there in sept/Oct. This is by far one of our favorite resorts. It is small, quiet, and a really lovely place to stay. No matter what building you're in you will be close to the food court, pool, laundry, and boat to Downtown Disney. We always rent a car so don't worry about location to the bus, but with this resort you aren't that far from that as well. The food court is small but we have never had a problem finding a table and usually eat at the outside tables anyway. They have a couple food items that you can't get anywhere else. If you have an opportunity to use the boat to DD it is a fun way to travel and different than driving or taking the bus. The pool area is right in the middle of the resort. I've never seen it really crowded and a nice place to take a break during the day. The pool bar is right their too. The hot tub is pretty small, we have only used it once but it sure won't fit too many people. There is a really nice walking trail to POR. You can visit there and use their pool or eat at their restaurants, or use their boats. We always ask for building #5. We love the location of this building but there really is not a bad location at this resort. Have fun!

We stayed there last March (it was actually my second time but a first for DH and the girls) and we all loved it. We all decided that whenever we stay at a moderate, that is the place we will go to (we like to stay at both moderate and deluxe levels). It is so small and quaint, plus the whole atmosphere is awesome. I personally liked the fact that when you take a bus, POFQ is the first ones on and first ones off when sharing with POR. Since the resort is smaller, there is not a bad room location, everything is a short walk. We had a standard room that actually faced the parking lot (but you wouldn't know it because there are really nice trees that hide the parking lot) plus the location was also right by the bus stop so we were literally a hop, skip, and jump, away from that. Have a great time....you won't regret it :goodvibes

We loved POFQ. Very small and quaint. Everything is close by, and the boats to DTD were so fun. You will not have any regrets.

Make sure you see Elliot Dyson in the Scat Cat Lounge. Also say hi to Shelly at the pool bar.:thumbsup2

I stayed there in July 2009 with my DS who at the time was 9. My how sister and her family ( DH and 3 little ones) stayed in the room next door. My sister and I agreed that it is one of the best moderate resorts. The pool was nice and never too crowded. The boat to Downtown Disney was so nice. It was always really quiet there despite the number of guests staying there. I think you guys will very much enjoy the resort!

My DH and I stayed there last September before the resort was upgraded, and we both loved it!

Ask for a 3rd story corner room. It is a quiet floor, and being a corner room you get an extra window, and it really opens up the room.

I don't ever see myself staying at a different WDW resort, unless it is to try a new resort.

POFQ is awesome, and the cast members there are great!!

Enjoy your trip.

Our last trip was about 2 yrs ago, and we stayed at a deluxe. We have stayed at POFQ twice and last time was in Bld 6 with a corner room, which I hope to get again. just makes it look bigger. Has any one got pics of the refubs? I thought they were done over at POR. Thanks so much !!

My fiance and I stayed there for the first time in December 2010. We loved it!! We loved how small the resort was, and the entertainment was great! We also stayed there in March of this year in a newly refurbed room. Really nice! We loved it so much we are staying there again in June!

Enjoy!

We are going to be there in less than a week! :banana: I am getting so excited. I love hearing all the positive things about POFQ! I never even considered it before but, changed my reservation a few months ago because the size is smaller and wanted to shorten the walk for my little girls. I am so glad I did! I think I will enjoy the atmosphere here!

We also love French Quarter. We are staying there for our next trip in late October. The first time we stayed there was during our second vacation at WDW. The first time, we had stayed at a value resort with a room by the pool, and I had been very disappointed by the room size and the constant noise outside our room - into the wee hours of the morning when we were so in need of sleep! I knew we wouldn't be revisiting a value resort!

POFQ was like heaven in comparison, and I loved everything about it - the quie and easily navigable resort area, the boat ride to DDT, and the quick bus service. I can't wait to see the refurbished rooms. You'll have a great time! Enjoy!!

I love all the Positive Reports here! My DH and I are staying there for this first time this July. We really like CSR, but I wanted a change. This thread has me excited!!! :banana:

Sounds perfect for a honeymoon! Thanks so much guys. Keep the reviews coming! :-)

There is an entire thread devoted to POFQ with photos of the new refurbs; as well as a website called portorleans.org, started by the person who also has the thread. You can get a lot of information over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter