Port Orleans French Quarter vs Riverside

siestakey

Malificent Fan
Could someone please tell me why French Quarter is always alot more money then Riverside? They are both in the moderate catagory, but the new prices say Deluxe to me. They both offer Queen size beds, so why the huge price increase since the remodel?????

They shouldn't be a lot more money unless you are comparing a discounted price to a rack rate. Double check that you are looking at exactly the same room categories, ticket types and days, dining and dates. Sometimes the site will default to a different room type or ticket package.

For the heck of it I priced out identical packages: April 7-14, 2 adults, 8 day MYW base tickets, no dining, standard room. The prices were identical: $2,173.92

The only difference I see as far as pricing goes is that POFQ offers fewer discounts than POR, so you have the opportunity to book POR at a cheaper price because of that. POFQ is such a small resort that discounts are not needed to fill it up, so therefore POFQ is excluded from a lot of promos.

To my knowledge, the only moderate resort that has different pricing from the others is CSR because of the convention aspect and extra amenities such as gym, spa, etc. And the higher price at CSR is minimal.. something like $5-$10 a night additional.

Standard rooms fill up fast at POFQ.

Sometimes the only rooms available are the Garden rooms (about $10 higher) or the King or Riverview rooms (up to $25 bucks higher). So while POR might have standard rooms available POFQ will often default to the up charged rooms.

And POFQ rarely is available for promotions.

Could someone please tell me why French Quarter is always alot more money then Riverside? They are both in the moderate catagory, but the new prices say Deluxe to me. They both offer Queen size beds, so why the huge price increase since the remodel?????

Not sure where you are seeing a huge price difference. Or how you are getting the pricing is deluxe level. The highest rate I can find for POFQ is $253 for a standard room. No where near deluxe pricing. On the same date the cheapest deluxe resort (AKL) is $486.

Are you trying to book a discounted room rate? If so, those always vary according to how many rooms each resort has for that promo rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter