Port Orleans - French Qtr or somewhere else

whitfields

Going again
Hi,

We were due to say at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in Sept this year for a week but due to the construction working being carried out we are looking to change Disney hotel.

We are considering the Port Orleans French Quarter can anyone who has stayed there please let us know what it is like. It is just me and hubby going (No Kids:cool1: ).

Or if you have another hotel to suggest, suggest away.

Thanks

Sara:coffee:

I would recommend the Wilderness Lodge. It's a beautiful resort and, I believe, designed by the same person that designed the AKL. We have stayed at WL many times and love it. It is a very relaxing place and convenient to the MK and other MK resorts.:)

POFQ is a very nice resort - compact, which makes it easy to get around and beautifully themed. I like both Port Orleans resorts, but FQ is great because of its size. They have a cute food court, but unfortunately, no sit-down restaurant (there used to be, but it closed :rolleyes: ). But there is a boat that goes straight to DTD, so that takes care of dining. There is only one bus stop, but it does share a bus with POR, so buses can get really crowded during certain times of the year. However, the bus stops at FQ first, so that is a plus. It is a moderate resort, so some of the extra amenities of the luxury resorts will not be found here. However, we've enjoyed our stays here.

It all depends on what your preferences are. Going from AKL to POFQ is going from a deluxe to a moderate, I think you will see a difference. The rooms are smaller and the beds are 2 doubles vs queens at the deluxes.
That said, we stayed at POFQ several years ago, (Just DH and I) and we liked it alot. We were only there for a long weekend and we didn't mind the smaller room for a shorter stay. The themeing is great, the food court was good and the river view is very pretty. It is a beautiful resosrt. I would not hesitate to stay there again.
Our favorite resorts are the Epcot area resorts. Epcot is our favorite park and we like the ease of walking to both Epcot and to MGM. We usually stay at the BCV in a 1 bedroom villa, (DH, Adult DS and I). We love it here. We also enjoy SAB in the afternoons for a break.
In October we are trying the BWV's for our next trip.
If you wanted to try a Monorail resort the Poly is also beautiful. It has newly renovated rooms and it is a beautiful resort.
Good Luck on your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts