Port of Miami...Hotel the night before????

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
I'm in the mist of planning a trip for DS, DH, and MIL (and me of course!). We will be traveling out of the Port of Miami.
What is your favorite hotel?
I'm hoping for a pool, restaurant in the hotel, and easy transportation to port.
Interested in your thoughts!
TIA

My family and I are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami next month before our cruise. It’s less than 10 minutes from the port and has a pool and restaurant in premises. It is also right across the street from Bayside Market Place

We stayed at the Holiday Inn. It is across the street from the free trolley to the port, a block from the free metromover and meets the rest of you requirements. It is also across the street from a very nice mall which has lots of restaurants and free entertainment in the evening.

I like the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. Only the hot breakfast (but mimosas if you’re there on a weekend), but restaurants in easy walking distance along with pharmacies and a grocery store that sells wine. Easy shuttle - I think $10 per person.

Another vote for the Holiday Inn, I was really happy with my room, the proximity to the port and the entertainment nearby.
I didn't use the restaurant, not sure if they have a pool to be honest. They have a (paid) shuttle to take you to the port, which you have to reserve, but it's only for parties of four people or more. As I was by myself, I took a taxi, for $15 incl tip. 5-10 minute drive.

We stayed at the Intercontinental in downtown Miami. Lots of food options nearby and it was a $10 cab ride to the port. We actually got a good deal on Hotwire using their mystery hotel thing. It told us it was in downtown and it was a Hyatt, Intercontinental, Sheridan, etc. and it was $90 for the room. I've since booked lots of hotels using that methodology. Sometimes you can even figure out which one is if you compare the number of reviews and star rating to Trip Advisor.

Hi Everyone,
I'm in the mist of planning a trip for DS, DH, and MIL (and me of course!). We will be traveling out of the Port of Miami.
What is your favorite hotel?
I'm hoping for a pool, restaurant in the hotel, and easy transportation to port.
Interested in your thoughts!
TIA

I fell in love with the Epic Hotel. The staff/service was so good, it was almost Disney-esque.

In the morning there was coffee, tea and granola bars in the lobby for the guests and the view of the Bay was outstanding!

It was also less than 2 min walk from a Whole Foods and a CVS. My DH and I bought snacks and a bottle of wine the morning of our cruise.

Only a 10 min cab ride from the port...

Last edited:

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I'm hoping to do some research and get things in order. We have some time, but I'm a planner...HHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Since we arrive before lunch the day before, I chose a hotel in South Beach. I would rather go to the beach for the afternoon than go to a mall :)

Our family stayed at the Port of Miami Holiday Inn. It was a nice and convenient place to stay. They do have a pool. We liked having the Bayside Marketplace across the street to eat or just walk around, instead of being stuck in a hotel. We took a cab over to the port.

We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. The rooms were a little dated but clean, and the price was reasonable. Had a nice restaurant which we ate at. Had a pool but we did not use it. Was a 5 minute uber ride to port the next morning, VERY easy. I would check out Intercontential too, we saw that one from the ship and made a mental note for next time.

We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. The rooms were a little dated but clean, and the price was reasonable. Had a nice restaurant which we ate at. Had a pool but we did not use it. Was a 5 minute uber ride to port the next morning, VERY easy. I would check out Intercontential too, we saw that one from the ship and made a mental note for next time.

AND we got to see the Magic in port the next morning, added a little excitement to the trip to see her out the window early in the morning.

We stay in South Beach when we arrive the day before (if it's during the day). You can go to the beach, shop along Lincoln Rd., or stroll down Ocean Drive. Dinner at Joe's Stone Crab is wonderful if you like fresh seafood. We got a good rate on hotels dot com for The Albion hotel, which had a cool pool, nice lobby, and restaurant for breakfast. It's not a chain, so is a little more unique/vintage, which matched the vibe of South Beach. Short walk to the beach and about a 20-30 minute Uber ride to port, which I think cost around $20. We woke up early the morning of the cruise and walked all the way down the beach to where you could see all the cruise ships docked, which was exciting.

We're staying at Courtyard Miami Airport, they will pick us up and take up to port the next morning. We are looking forward staying.

We stayed in South Beach the day before as well. Not as close to the port but a really lovely area. And some great dinner options.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell. Free breakfast, it is within walking distance to publix and many restrurants. We also took the MetroRail down to Bayside Marketplace. It was a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!