Port Canaveral hotel?

sylviarj

Earning My Ears
We're looking for the best place to stay the night before we depart? Never been to Port Canaveral so any suggestions/advice appreciated! Hotel, transportation, etc! Thank you!

I know a lot of people recommend several of the hotels right by the port. But we are arriving in the afternoon and wanted some beach time, so we have booked a direct ocean front balcony room at the Cocoa Beach La Quinta (not the Port Canaveral one). It is right next to the pier with various shops and restaurants right there. And it's only 5 miles from PC.

I know a lot of people recommend several of the hotels right by the port. But we are arriving in the afternoon and wanted some beach time, so we have booked a direct ocean front balcony room at the Cocoa Beach La Quinta (not the Port Canaveral one). It is right next to the pier with various shops and restaurants right there. And it's only 5 miles from PC.

I have stayed at the Port Canaveral LQ and it was ok for a night. I have also stayed at the Best Western that is right by the LQ in Cocoa Beach. It was ok but I don't think I would stay there again. However, my next cruise I am staying at the LQ in Cocoa Beach recommended above. It just looked so much nicer, is right on the water so you can't beat the location.

There is also a Courtyard on the main road near the LQ in Port Canaveral. The Courtyard is on the waterside but the PC LQ is on the land side. That Courtyard was very nice but pricey.

I think it depends to on your transportation needs. Some hotels offer shuttles to the port. We are too staying at the La Quinta mentioned above, but we have a rental car that we will drop off the morning of the cruise and then take their shuttle to the port.

We rent a car from the airport as a one way rental. We have stayed several time at the Residence Inn, which we really like. plus a free breakfast that is pretty good. We have also stayed at the Hilton-right on the beach. Loved walking being on the beach. Didn't care for the hotel. We return the car the morning of the cruise and take the rental car shuttle to the port. We like Juice N' Java in Cocoa Beach for coffee, breakfast, salads, lunch. At night they have music and nice choice of wine and beer too, I think, Plenty of stores in Cocoa for anything last minute and Ron Jon's is there for fun souvenir shopping

try goportcanaveral.com if you are looking for a snooze and cruise deal

We rent a car from the airport as a one way rental. We have stayed several time at the Residence Inn, which we really like. plus a free breakfast that is pretty good. We have also stayed at the Hilton-right on the beach. Loved walking being on the beach. Didn't care for the hotel. We return the car the morning of the cruise and take the rental car shuttle to the port. We like Juice N' Java in Cocoa Beach for coffee, breakfast, salads, lunch. At night they have music and nice choice of wine and beer too, I think, Plenty of stores in Cocoa for anything last minute and Ron Jon's is there for fun souvenir shopping

We booked Resident's Inn for our cruise in September. I think I read this hotel has a shuttle to the port. I also believe Hertz rental office is right infront of this hotel as well. Can you confirm this? sorry for hijacking this thread... just wanted to confirm the shuttle to the port...

We booked Resident's Inn for our cruise in September. I think I read this hotel has a shuttle to the port. I also believe Hertz rental office is right infront of this hotel as well. Can you confirm this? sorry for hijacking this thread... just wanted to confirm the shuttle to the port...

I know Residence Inn has a shuttle to the port and there is a nominal fee. I have never used it. I would call the hotel directly to confirm. As for Hertz rental, I know they are nearby. Not sure if they are directly in front. We use Budget, which is down the road and not a walkable distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!