Port Arrival Times

Cheburashka

Momketeer
For those who have cruises coming up soon, what is the range of PATs? I've read that the earliest is 1pm. What is the latest? Is 3pm still the deadline to board the ship, or is that later, too? TIA.

I’m guessing only concierge does not have to get a PAT during these new procedures.

I’m guessing only concierge does not have to get a PAT during these new procedures.
Yes that's correct. I'm sailing concierge on the Aug. 13th cruise. When I did the check in process it said as concierge guests we were not required to pick a PAT and we could arrive anytime at our leisure. But I am getting to the port when it opens at 11am and assume we get to board around 12-12:30pm. Looking forward to see if they enlarged the Concierge waiting area and other changes in the cruise terminal. I plan on taking a lot of photos throughout the process at the terminal and onboard and will share after my cruise.

Yes that's correct. I'm sailing concierge on the Aug. 13th cruise. When I did the check in process it said as concierge guests we were not required to pick a PAT and we could arrive anytime at our leisure. But I am getting to the port when it opens at 11am and assume we get to board around 12-12:30pm. Looking forward to see if they enlarged the Concierge waiting area and other changes in the cruise terminal. I plan on taking a lot of photos throughout the process at the terminal and onboard and will share after my cruise.

Yes! Please do...we'd all be interested to see how things look! I'm concierge as well, but on the Fantasy in December. Let me know what time you end up boarding :)

Are you sure the port still opens at 11am?
The first Port Arrival Time is now 1pm.

Are you sure the port still opens at 11am?
The first Port Arrival Time is now 1pm.
I looked up in the DCL website under the frequently asked questions section for the time that the terminal opens. It is still listed as opening at 11am. Concierge guest get to board before the rest of the guests.

I looked up in the DCL website under the frequently asked questions section for the time that the terminal opens. It is still listed as opening at 11am. Concierge guest get to board before the rest of the guests.
I wouldn’t count on that now. Things are going to be so different.
The opening time was 11am pre covid. I’m not sure the website has been updated. Disney isn’t always good about this stuff.
Because you are concierge you are able to email the concierge team and confirm the opening time and any other questions you may have 😊😊You may want to do that ahead of time so you don’t have to wait around the day of your cruise.
Please let us know what you find out😊

Last edited:
Do people using DCL transfers have to pick a PAT as well?

Not to be snarky or disrespectful, but the DCL transfers from WDW didn't need a PAT because the transfers got them to the port so late! Usually the DCL bus would pick people up from their hotels at 12:30 or 1pm and have them at the Port around 2:30. Everyone else is on board by this point.

If you value your time on board, hire a private transportation company to take you over earlier.

Of course, this is based on pre-covid memories, so we'll find out how things go from now on.

We use to be in the parking lot as soon as they open, plus a platinum knowing we’d be #1. All this is changed now. Coming in the day before, staying at okw, already booked breakfast at Olivia’s, going to be hanging back, esp seeing that they will be turning you around if you arrive before your PAT. I’m looking forward to the reports back in 2 weeks.

Not to be snarky or disrespectful, but the DCL transfers from WDW didn't need a PAT because the transfers got them to the port so late! Usually the DCL bus would pick people up from their hotels at 12:30 or 1pm and have them at the Port around 2:30. Everyone else is on board by this point.

If you value your time on board, hire a private transportation company to take you over earlier.

Of course, this is based on pre-covid memories, so we'll find out how things go from now on.
Guests who used DCL transfers from MCO also didn’t need a PAT, with the first bus leaving at 9:45 and arriving just before the 10:30 opening. We often stepped in the main hall as the first or second family. That was before the first bus started leaving a bit later two years ago.

Has anyone seen anything about how dropping off luggage prior to returning a rental car will work now? The website says you will not be allowed in the terminal or parking areas prior to your PAT but does that include dropping off luggage?

I wouldn’t count on that now. Things are going to be so different.
The opening time was 11am pre covid. I’m not sure the website has been updated. Disney isn’t always good about this stuff.
Because you are concierge you are able to email the concierge team and confirm the opening time and any other questions you may have 😊😊You may want to do that ahead of time so you don’t have to wait around the day of your cruise.
Please let us know what you find out😊
I finally got through to DCL concierge by phone and I was told that concierge guest can arrive at 1pm. They were instructed to tell concierge guest that the port does not open until 1pm. They need longer cleaning time after the 1st cruise dock, so embarkation for us would be later than normal. She also said I could check back on Aug. 6th and call DCL again to verify and or find out if that time would change. Since this is all new times could change.

Has anyone seen anything about how dropping off luggage prior to returning a rental car will work now? The website says you will not be allowed in the terminal or parking areas prior to your PAT but does that include dropping off luggage?
This is also one of my questions too. If they are checking QR codes at the driveway/gate, it sounds like you have to wait until your PAT to drop off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter