Port Arrival Time

PCH11

Earning My Ears
I need some guidance from experienced cruisers. We got a late Port Arrival Time (2:00). If we show up around 11:00-11:30, what are the chances we’ll get on before 2:00? I know the stock answer from Disney (don’t show up before) but I’m looking for actual knowledge from experience. Thanks!

I think 100%. In my experience, it's pretty quick to check in after 12:30 (that's always been when we've gotten there) - I think that there is just open boarding starting around then - someone else may know more specifically...........

You'll be fine. You'll have a high boarding group number, but it seems as if they call those by eyeball test on how congested the gangway is at any given time. You'll be on in plenty of time.

The terminal is crazy!!! busy between 10:30-12:30. After that Disney has everyone waiting onboard. So if you show up 12:00-12:15 to park your car by the time you drop off your luggage and park the lines should be gone and you should be able to check in and walk on.
If you show up earlier than that you will have to wait. Your boarding number is tied to your Port Arrival Time so people arriving after you with a earlier PAT will get a lower boarding number.

I need some guidance from experienced cruisers. We got a late Port Arrival Time (2:00). If we show up around 11:00-11:30, what are the chances we’ll get on before 2:00? I know the stock answer from Disney (don’t show up before) but I’m looking for actual knowledge from experience. Thanks!

You'll definitely be able to board before 2:00, but I would wait to show up until around noon or 12:30. They don't start boarding until around 11:30, and the terminal can get pretty crowded. If you wait until noon, the crowds in the terminal will have started to clear out and by the time you are checked in, they should be pretty close to open boarding when anyone can board regardless of their boarding group.

You'll get on at open boarding which is about 12:30-12:45 but you'll stand in line for a while and then stand around waiting for open boarding. I'd wait until after noon to show up. But you'll be on well before 2 pm whatever you do.

Thanks for all of the info! Don’t the shuttles from Orlando/airport get there around 2:00? I definitely want to avoid that crowd!

Thanks for all of the info! Don’t the shuttles from Orlando/airport get there around 2:00? I definitely want to avoid that crowd!

Transfers from MCO arrive continuously starting around 10:15 through mid-afternoon. Transfers from WDW resorts start arriving maybe 12:30 or so through about 2:00pm. The sweet-spot for arriving is around 12:15/12:30 -- most of the early crowds have boarded and opening boarding will begin at any point then, plus you are ahead of the resort transfers. Once the initial crowds thin out, even when a bus arrives it doesn't cause much congestion.

Enjoy your cruise!

Does the same hold true for other ports. We will be going out of San Diego soon...we will be there early, 11ish. Can we get on then?

Does the same hold true for other ports. We will be going out of San Diego soon...we will be there early, 11ish. Can we get on then?
I don’t think all ports are the same. When we sailed from Miami in January. Boarding didn’t start until 12:00 pm. The terminal opened earlier than the posted time on their website (11:00 am). We got into the terminal around 10:40 am, and waited about an hour to board. Got to take pictures with Mickey and Minnie though.

Your Boarding Group will still be tied to your selected Port Arrival Time.

When your booking window opens you need to go online and pick your Port Arrival Time. When you arrive you will be given a boarding number. It’s tied to your PAT. The earlier your PAT the lower your boarding number. You will get the same boarding number requardless when you arrive. So if you show up early and people arrive after you with an earlier PAT they will get a lower boarding number

Plot twist! I was able to go online this morning and a 10:45-11:00 arrival window opened up! With that said, do you all still recommend we show up (meaning aim to arrive at luggage drop) around noon?

Sure. Your PAT will get you a higher boarding group number. It's likely that your group will have already been called when you are finished with your check in. There are TVs mounted on the walls around PC terminal; check to see which boarding group is being called. If your number is lower, go right ahead and board. Do not pass, go, do not collect $200 :) get on that ship! :)

Plot twist! I was able to go online this morning and a 10:45-11:00 arrival window opened up! With that said, do you all still recommend we show up (meaning aim to arrive at luggage drop) around noon?

No, with an earlier PAT, I'd recommend showing up close to your PAT time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter