Port Adventure Advice for Nassau

That's great thanks guys. The Comfort Suites option is certainly a great option when you look at the costs for Disney excursions from the ship. Will look further into it. What is the distance from port to the hotel? Are taxi's easy to find once off the ship?

Taxis are easy but expensive, we found, especially when ships are in port. We paid $8 each way staying at Atlantis (the Comfort Inn is RIGHT BESIDE it) but it could double or more otherwise. Still not bad, and it takes about 15 mins.

misslissa said:
Been to Nassau a few times

When we go again, in less than a month, we will be probably strolling the streets, may take a cab to the Fish Fry, and if we are in a beach mood, we will walk next door to the port to the Hilton where you can use their beach with a day pass.

have a great time! ::yes::

What is the Fish Fry?

What is the Fish Fry?

It is an area that has all local food kiosks. I hear it is great. Been to Nassau several times, never been but always plan on it and try to go. Maybe this time we'll get there! You can Google it and some Trip Advisor comments on it should come up.

It is an area that has all local food kiosks. I hear it is great. Been to Nassau several times, never been but always plan on it and try to go. Maybe this time we'll get there! You can Google it and some Trip Advisor comments on it should come up.

Thanks!

We plan to get off the ship in Nassau but not quite sure what we will do yet. So we'll add this to our list. Gotta eat somewhere, right?:goodvibes

We did the Dolphin Experience. While that was ok, it's the process that is flawed. The guides help get you there (you follow them from the theatre, walk rather rapidly with the group to the boat, and hope to not encounter waves enroute, as we did, that flooded the lower section of the boat). Getting back, you take the boat again, they drop you off and fend for yourself. Figure it out how to get back to the ship (may look easy, seeing the giant ships nearby, but not so easy). You are steered to go through a giant indoor market to get back to the ships. It's like a cattle call... you're following a giant herd of people moving through this building to get to the agents that check your credentials to get back to the ships (yes, SHIPS, several, meaning a TON of people). It was difficult with children en tow, to say the least. I was nervous with the "fend for yourself" after disembarking the boat to get back to the ship. I wouldn't get off the ship in Nassau again.:sad:

That is an awful experience. I would say, book excursions on your own and take cabs... Everything is close by.

Another restaurant to check out is The Poop Deck :)

bfc2406 said:
Thanks so much, your advice is much appreciated.
With re taking a 5 month old to Castaway Cay, do you have any advice/suggestions from experience?

When we went in 2010 our DS he was 18mo out DD was 4. We checked DS into the nursery and DD into the beach club. We went to the beach closest to the ship and club. DS only stayed in the nursery until after lunch then we got him so he could enjoy some sand and water too. I wanted to have some DH and me time without the kids and i thought it was better for the nursery to do the nursery first rather than taking DS with sand all over.

That is an awful experience. I would say, book excursions on your own and take cabs... Everything is close by.

Ooh, now that sounds interesting enough just to say we ate there. My girls would laugh hysterically at that name.

Is this restaurant near anything special? I assume I can always get a taxi...

I just looked online for this restaurant. Sounds great but definitely more upscale than the name implies.

Has anyone eaten here? Is this a highly recommend? We love seafood so wondering if we should eat here or try the Fish Fry area instead...

We too are on the Dream in March on a 4 day but we have teens. Last year we did the Atlantis and it was a fabulous day. Our teens loved it but we can't afford to spend that much again this year. We were told to try the Blue Lagoon beach day. Much less expensive...looks beautiful and relaxing. If you want a beach kind of day, this might fit what you are looking for.

We did the Blue Lagoon excursion. It was awesome. We didn't do the dolphin experience part of it, just the beach day. They have huge water slides and such that your teens will love. There is a small fee for that, and while I don't remember how much, it wasn't too much I know.

I would definitely recommend a day there for families with children of all ages!

I just looked online for this restaurant. Sounds great but definitely more upscale than the name implies.

Has anyone eaten here? Is this a highly recommend? We love seafood so wondering if we should eat here or try the Fish Fry area instead...

Haven't been so not sure if it is upscale or not but I have seen/heard it recommended quite a bit. Fish Fry is more 'authentic/local' apparently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter