POR vs AOA Suite

DisneyFEB2013

Mouseketeer
We are currently reserved in POR for 9 days in early February. We realized it would only be about 600 more for AOA Lion King suite where I know DS and DD would LOVE to stay. POR looks beautiful and relaxing. But, AOA would give us more room and we could put the kids to bed and have space to ourselves.

Any thoughts? Is AOA worth it?

We had the same dilemma and decided to go with the AOA suite. We go next week so still hoping we made the right choice. Good luck!:)

We loved AoA! We had a great time and we felt really immersed in the whole Disney experience. We stayed the first part of our trip at AoA, and the second at Treehouse Villas - Saratoga Springs Resort. While we enjoyed both resorts, they were very different. The pool was great (even without a pool slide - the kids all loved it, and the little one adored the splash area!)

I loved the suites. It was really nice to be able to have a separate adult area at night. My son especially loved the murphy bed/table. The suite was so comfortable and had a really cozy feel to it.

We are planning our trip for next September, and we know that half of it will be at AoA!

While everyone's preferences are different, we prefer the moderate and deluxe rooms because of their theming. What I mean by that is I personally feel like the value resorts are more decoration and moderate are more themed. I don't feel I am transported to an African safari when in a Lion King room for example but I do feel like I am in Louisiana when I stroll around Riverside and the princess rooms are AMAZING BTW. It just feels a bit too plasticy for my tastes at the values. That being said your kids would probably love AoA but for ME I'd pick a moderate.

The AoA is an amazing resort. The Cars section really makes you feel that Radiator Springs is a real place, and you are in it. The room is MUCH larger than what you'd get at POR. I can't imagine squeezing my family 5 five in the the small rooms they have at the moderates. I'd go deluxe, but not moderate with 5 people.

We've stayed at POR and it was really fun...but the rooms are tiny. I'm all about having as much room as feasible. I'd go for AoA if its in the budget.

We are long time fans of POR and just got back from AoA. We stayed in a cars suite and loved the theming and space, however, we found the resort to be really overwhelming. To me POR is a much more peaceful resort for a 9 day trip and while the room is a little crowded, the relaxing setting of the resort gives you the option to take breaks outside of your room. They really are two completely different resorts but either one is a great choice and will definitely make you feel the Disney magic!

polyfor4 said:
We are long time fans of POR and just got back from AoA. We stayed in a cars suite and loved the theming and space, however, we found the resort to be really overwhelming. To me POR is a much more peaceful resort for a 9 day trip and while the room is a little crowded, the relaxing setting of the resort gives you the option to take breaks outside of your room. They really are two completely different resorts but either one is a great choice and will definitely make you feel the Disney magic!

I agree. AoA seems awesome, truly. But for me, I love how peaceful POR is. It's such a change from the parks. It's nice to come back to the fountains and the rivervand the soft jazz music after a long, loud day in the parks. It's such a great place to recharge!

Sort of off topic - but still on topic - -

I find it amazingly coincidental that all of us describe POR as "peaceful".
It IS!!!!! :thumbsup2

I cannot think of a more relaxing resort in all of Disney. Peaceful is a great description. Along with peaceful, add clean. Everywhere you go in the resort, they keep it CLEAN - even the parking lots! POR should be proud of that. POR is doing it all - completely correct! :goodvibes

We were at AoA in the Lion King suites last week and they were wonderful! My dh and I stayed at POR on a kid free trip two years ago and I was not as happy with it as I thought I would be. I actually prefer the themes at the values because they feel more Disney to me. I was extremely impressed with the attention to detail in the suites and loved having all the extra room. My major complaint with AoA is that the food court is somewhat lacking in "normal" food, but I felt a little that way with POR too.

I would go with the suites without a second thought!

We've stayed at All Star Movies and Pop several times but with the Free Dining offer and all the rave reviews we chose to stay at POR 2 weeks ago. It was lovely and peaceful and for us, dull. We stayed 3 nights and on the 4th morning I went to the front desk and asked to be moved to AoA. They put us in a Cars Family Suite and it was AWESOME! My girls are 11 and 9 and we love colorful, fun, fantastic Disney. Moving to AoA saved our vacation! I'm already planning another trip to AoA for April 2013.

Thanks everyone. It will all come down to budget and if Free dining is offered. And, it will be more than $600 as we would want to upgrade the meal plan which will add a few hundred dollars. I know the kids will LOVE it. It does feel very Disney to me. But, DH and I would relish the peace of POR.

How is the bus system at AOA? Long waits now that it is fully open?

Thanks everyone. It will all come down to budget and if Free dining is offered. And, it will be more than $600 as we would want to upgrade the meal plan which will add a few hundred dollars. I know the kids will LOVE it. It does feel very Disney to me. But, DH and I would relish the peace of POR.

How is the bus system at AOA? Long waits now that it is fully open?

We got back yesterday from an 8 night stay at AoA did not experience long waits for buses. We never waited more than 10-15 minutes, but that was always when we saw a bus pulling away as we were walking to the bus stop. At night and a few times in the early morning, the buses were pretty crowded and several people were standing, but I think you would have that anywhere. :thumbsup2

go with your preferences...what one pp calls dull,another calls peaceful.
I personally like the quieter places....so I'd opt for saving money,and pretty peaceful grounds. that,plus 600.00 is a LOT of money to save.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!