POR Royal Rooms for boys??

alc571

DIS Veteran
Hi there. We are planning another stay at POR this fall. I was wondering if those who have stayed in a Royal Room could give me their opinion on whether or not a boy would like these rooms? We have no interest in staying at CB for the pirate rooms (we love POR), but thought he might like the Royal Rooms. Or would he appreciate AB rooms just as much? We stayed in the mansions last time. Thanks!

I did a solo trip last May and stayed in the rooms because I have sons and never get to do anything Princess-like! The rooms are nice, and not too girly in my opinion. The color tone is dark and more masculine and some of the features aren't too girly either. I would recommend staying there.

Huge hit with my guys! (ages 4 & 6) With the fireworks above the beds, the "magic" carpet on the floor and the awesome lamp at the sink, they both loved it. I didn't think it was too girly at all. There's lots of pics out there, ask his opinion. :thumbsup2

jc040404 said:
Huge hit with my guys! (ages 4 & 6) With the fireworks above the beds, the "magic" carpet on the floor and the awesome lamp at the sink, they both loved it. I didn't think it was too girly at all. There's lots of pics out there, ask his opinion. :thumbsup2

I'd love to, but it's a surprise trip for his birthday! And he's already suspecting! lol

While I don't think the color or decor is too girly, a boy may not appreciate the subtle princess accents in the room. I don't know if I'd spend the extra money on a theme room a boy may not care about or appreciate. I think the new decor in AB is awesome, so I would probably spend the money on a preferred room instead.

We stayed in these rooms this past August, mainly bc I wanted to. Our son was three at the time and is into cars, pirates, all boy things however he loved the rooms! He loved playing with the firework headboard and he has a crush on rapunzel so he doesn't mind the princesses to much. He also thinks Flynn is awesome and the princes are in the room as well. It might be different with an older boy bc they might be in that "this is for girls" phase. But my son had Zero complaints. We definitely liked our POR visit compared to CBR.

Thanks! We ended up booking a Royal Room today as part of the spring promotion. Can't wait to go!

the alligator bed in the AB section is pretty cool! My sons liked the looks of the new rooms there.

My son is 4 and his sister is 6 and they are equally excited to stay in the Royal rooms. My son is all boy but he thinks the firework beds and "awesome" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter