POR question, need help!

AlexandAndysMom

Mouseketeer
You all helped me a few months ago decide to stay in a very crowded room at POR (which we are all OK with, promise!), but I have some questions. I know the buildings are 2 story and with no elevator, and I'm afraid. I've just recently hurt my knee and we have a 1 year old who will be in a stroller most of the time. What do I need to do to get a first floor room?

We check in on a bad day, the Saturday of the marathon (last week of FEB). Is there any hope for us?

AlexandAndysMom said:
You all helped me a few months ago decide to stay in a very crowded room at POR (which we are all OK with, promise!), but I have some questions. I know the buildings are 2 story and with no elevator, and I'm afraid. I've just recently hurt my knee and we have a 1 year old who will be in a stroller most of the time. What do I need to do to get a first floor room?

We check in on a bad day, the Saturday of the marathon (last week of FEB). Is there any hope for us?

There are elevators in the Mansion section. It may a fairly long walk to your room but you won't have to climb stairs.

AlexandAndysMom said:

I bet you could get some great and specific info in the POR thread.

I general, we just tell them there's a NEED for first floor, and that's what we have been given. While doing online. He min there's even a request to check off for lower floor, and you can make that a priority over possibly getting a room early. But you can info more specific to POR in hat superthread....

If no first floor rooms are available for you at check-in, maybe you could request one when it does become available, if it's the next day or so. One trip we requsted a certain building, which was unavailable at check-in. The CM said if we didn't mind moving, we could have it the next day. So we just didn't fully unpack and made the move on our second day. It was a little inconvenient, but we appreciated the offer and it was worth moving to us.

While any request is never guaranteed, you can either phone and have the request for a ground floor room added as a note on your reservation, or you can select a ground floor room as one of the requests when you do online check in. As a PP noted, the mansion buildings all have elevators.

Thanks for the replies! We will be staying in Alligator Bayou due to the size of our party (3 adults, 2 children, 1 infant). I'm just worried that if we are on the 2nd floor either I won't be able to make it up there at the end of the day (or down in the mornings). Really don't know what I did to my knee, but man, it hurts!

There are elevators in the Mansion section. It may a fairly long walk to your room but you won't have to climb stairs.

If they are a family of 5, they will be in the Alligator Bayou section where there are no elevators. No families of 5 are placed in the mansions.

You can request a first floor room and state it's due to injury. You'll likely be able to get one, or at least be able to switch to one a day or two into your trip. Also, the earlier you check-in, the better the chance of getting one.

If they are a family of 5, they will be in the Alligator Bayou section where there are no elevators. No families of 5 are placed in the mansions.

You can request a first floor room and state it's due to injury. You'll likely be able to get one, or at least be able to switch to one a day or two into your trip. Also, the earlier you check-in, the better the chance of getting one.

Thank you! Yes, there are a lot of us cramming into a very small room! :crowded: But, it's worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter