POR Princess Rooms-how far from main building?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
How far of a walk are the princess rooms from the main building with the food court, shops, & bus stop?

Would you stay in a princess room if you were bringing a 15 month old for their first trip?

Thanks!

I would say it is about a 5 to 8 minute walk to the main building, bus stop, and pool. If you are planning on staying in them for your daughter to enjoy, I think 15 months might be a little young to fully enjoy them. The preferred rooms are very close to the main building and a little less expensive. If you are staying because you want to enjoy the royal room, I say go for it.

The Royal rooms are quite close - not a problem at all!! They are pricey though!

We stayed in a Royal room in April of this year. It was in the OAK building on the far end, so it was closer to the East Bus stop, and you could get to the main building by taking the bridge that leads straight to the lobby. The path to the Ol' Man Island took a little longer, but the scenery is beautiful. Yes its 5 to 8 minute walk to everything. It was very nice.
One of my daughters was working in the College intern program, so we got a nice discount.

We ended up getting a pin code discount that was way too good to pass up!! I think my daughter will enjoy the fireworks on the headboard & that's about it.....but I thought it would be really neat to experience this room.

I was originally booked in a preferred location. I'm wondering if I should change it back.

How far are we from a bus stop?

Do any of the sides of the building also have a river view?

Here is a link to the POR map. http://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php
If you click on one of the buildings a pop up map will show the layout of different room categories within that building.

You can see for yourself how close (or far) the RRs are from the main buildings and the bus stop. All of the Royal Rooms are located in either Oak Manor or Parterre Place. I would not consider Parterre Place to be close to the main buildings at all. But you could request Oak Manor. If you are considering these rooms for yourself, then go for it. I'm not sure a child as young as yours would really get much out of it.

Add a request for the Oak Manor building on your reservation. It will be closer than Partierre.

We have requested a room close to the bridge and had good luck the last 2 times.

If you are considering these rooms for yourself, then go for it. I'm not sure a child as young as yours would really get much out of it.

100% agree. They are not over the top princess decor, there are subtleties mostly which older kids and adult would appreciate. Young kids - not so much. Personally, I wouldn't pay extra for it ever but can understand it more when you have an older child that is very much into princesses.

As for the location, as others have said there is a bridge connecting it across the river from the main building so not a terribly far walk. I do think it is a hike to the main pool, but there is a quiet pool close by.

The 2 times we stayed in the RGR, we were in Oak Manor and if you went accross the bridge between Oak and Parterre it's a 5 minute walk to main bldg. if you went right you would walk to the bridge that connects right to Ol' Man Island and the main pool another 5-6 minute walk.

Add a request for the Oak Manor building on your reservation. It will be closer than Partierre.
We were in Parterre Place in a garden view room that was on the side of Parterre Place closest to the quiet pool and Oak Manor. It was a great location and VERY close to the footbridge leading to the lobby and food court, a five minute walk max. I took the advice of Andre and Venomhatch on the POR thread and did not request a specific building. I simply requested as close as possible to footbridge to food court and lobby and we ended up with a very convenient location.

I was on the same section at PP in Parterre Place and I didn't think the walk was bad at all. Probably about 5 minutes. I had a corner room that had a view of the courtyard and stepping out the door and looking left was the river.
Here are a couple of pics:

8c71991a-35ad-437b-bb81-9a69cfcc4cdb_zps0971f0e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

38f6c9e5-ae93-4030-9331-4653c9136080_zpsbf00c51d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]​

I'd stay in the Royal Room rather than Preferred for one simple reason: The Manor buildings have elevators, and the Alligator Bayou buildings (which house the Preferred rooms) do not. With a 15 month old and all the equipment that entails, including strollers, I wouldn't want to be without an elevator!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter