Votes: 7 41.2%
  • French Q

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Coronado

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cusesteve

Earning My Ears
We have stayed at CBR the last 10 years and LOVE it! Headed down Aug 1 and am nervous that the food court/etc wont be done...what is everyone's vote Orleans Riverside or FQ / Coronado?

I have stayed at all of them and well CBR is my favorite, but not having a food court with all the construction I would go back to Port Orleans. We stayed in Riverside Alligator Bayou, because there were 5 of us and they have the extra bed like at CBR, but if it was just two or even 4 I would have stayed at French Quarter. We took a horse drawn carriage ride and the French Quarter is so pretty and reminded me of a cleaner quieter version of New Orleans French Quarter. What I liked about Port Orleans is that there are 3 distinctly different area. Where at CBR all of the hotel rooms are set up the same, at PO they have the Alligator Bayou rooms, set up just like CBR and also the Mansions area where the hotel buildings look like antebellum mansions. While the French Quarter has the buildings that look like New Orleans French Quarter. Plus PO has Yehaa Bob his show is amazing, his energy level is out of this world. http://www.yehaabob.com/

They have a really good fan page that will give you more information http://www.portorleans.org/

Riverside is my favorite moderate so that's where I suggest you stay. Having said that, I just stay in whichever one costs less. My upcoming trip in two weeks I'm staying at CSR, which is my least favorite moderate. Despite the construction I have no problems staying there though.

We also love CBR with its relaxing tropical island vibe. However, with construction at CBR and CSR, we will be returning to PO resorts for the next little while. Our personal favourite is POR, but POFQ is also very nice. Both resorts share amenities, so a stay at either allows you to walk to and utilize the amenities at your 'sister' resort next door (about 10 min walk along the river).

POR has rooms like CBR to accommodate 5 and has strolling around room. It has a table service as well as a great food court for dining. It also has the most amenities of the two resorts. POFQ has a nice splash area for small children, though, and is conveniently compact.

Either is a good choice.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter