POR or POFQ?

Almost a 30-minute walk? Hmmmm.....

I've stayed at POR 3 times (most recent was in September) and this last time we were in the third Mansions building (Magnolia) and by using the bridge over to Ol' Man Island it was a 5-minute walk, if that, to the food court so maybe a 10 minute "round trip." Even if we would have been in the furthest building I don't see how it could be as long of a walk as you say, unless you are very s-l-o-w walkers.

Have never stayed at the French Quarter, even though I keep saying we should try it. We just like Riverside so much, hate to try anything else and be unhappy.

The landscaping is so beautiful, it has a great food court, love the boat to Downtown Disney, and we love having more than one bus stop to choose from. In the Magnolia building the East stop is closer than the main (South) stop.

We're planning another trip (January 2015) and again planning to stay at POR.

Thank you for this, one of my absolute pet peeves is that people constantly overstate the length of walks at resorts. Though POR is bigger then FQ there are still many rooms closer to the main buildings than rooms at FQ. Likewise while FQ is smaller, it is much more crowded and stacking 3 stories of rooms instead of two at POR, more people in a smaller space proportionately.

We would choose POR over FQ though both are great resorts.

We like the grounds of POR much more as well as the outdoor themeing. The pool (pools) and food options at POR are considerably better at POR. Usually.you also get a much bigger discount at POR than at FQ.

We stayed at POR last September and then POFQ in February(big group of 12) and I much preferred FQ. It was so quaint, quiet, and small. Everyone thought it was awesome. We all vowed never to stay anywhere else :) POR is just too big IMO. The walk to the Food Court was annoying. We never went to go refill our mugs etc because it was almost a 30 min roundtrip walk! At FQ everything was never too far away. I thought it would seem too boring for my kids but they all loved it.

You guys must walk slow. I've stayed in the back 40 - nearly the very last room in the very last building in AB at POR and the walk was only about 10 minutes to the Food Court for me once I figured out how to get there - I did get lost my first time. LOL.

I love POR much better than POFQ so I would stay there, OP. I reaffirmed that on my September trip when I stayed at POFQ.

That food court drove me nuts as did the big crowds at the one and only bus stop at POFQ.
I was very thankful I had a rental car because after experiencing that bus stop at POFQ once, I drove - even to the TTC to go to MK.

Just got back today from POFQ. This is my favorite Disney resort of the 8 we have stayed at.

I went to the PORR food court based on everyone's thoughts, and really was disappointed. I liked the POFQ food court better.

The bus service left a bit to be desired, and loved the boat to DT Disney.

The big advantage of POFQ is that everything is very close.

Just got back today from POFQ. This is my favorite Disney resort of the 8 we have stayed at.

I went to the PORR food court based on everyone's thoughts, and really was disappointed. I liked the POFQ food court better.

The bus service left a bit to be desired, and loved the boat to DT Disney.

The big advantage of POFQ is that everything is very close.

OK, I would REALLY like to know what you were disappointed about ?

Because the POR foodcourt offers, more selection, a greater seating section, and generally better all around service to the POFQ.

Did something go wrong ???

Let us know.

OK, I would REALLY like to know what you were disappointed about ?

Because the POR foodcourt offers, more selection, a greater seating section, and generally better all around service to the POFQ.

Did something go wrong ???

Let us know.

Nothing went wrong, POFQ had more dinner type items that weren't sandwiches. I just didn't see many more selections at PORR than POFQ. Seating was never an issue at POFQ, food was prepared quickly, and we never waited more than about 30 seconds in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!