POR or Beach Club

4simpsons

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 4. 16 year old son and 12 year old daughter. We are coming the end of May for week. Trying to decide between POR or Beach Club. Thoughts?

The pool at the Beach Club is reason alone to choose that resort. My kids would rather hang at that pool than go to the parks.

I've stayed at POR several times and I've also stayed at the YC, and I have to say that with the age of your kids, I agree with PP, BC would be tremendous. I'm sure they are getting more interested in learning activities in EPCOT and being able to access EPCOT so easily is wonderful. The pool is perfect for kids their age and the extra space in the room will be wonderful. POR is a great resort and if you chose that, you won't be disappointed, but my vote is BC.:thumbsup2

We are a family of 4. 16 year old son and 12 year old daughter. We are coming the end of May for week. Trying to decide between POR or Beach Club. Thoughts?

Most of the BC rooms have a daybed, which would be nice for your family. Your son and daughter can have their own space. BC is the clear winner. :cool1:

Thank you for your thoughts. BC looks beautiful and the proximity of Epcot and HS would be really nice

omg BC is a deluxe and so much better than any mod. SAB alone is like a mini waterpark. The location is great. Walk to epcot and HS, or take a boat. The boardwalk at night has such a great atmosphere and a lot to do.

It all depends on your budget!

If you are trying to save money, stay at POR - if you have it in the budget to stay at Beach Club - DO IT! The location, the pool, the decor/theme, and not to mention interior room access and your own private balcony!

OP - NO LIE, if you want to save money on your Beach Club stay, PM me - you'll save at least $50 a night!

if you have it in the budget to stay at Beach Club - DO IT! The location, the pool, the decor/theme, and not to mention interior room access and your own private balcony!

Be aware that not all rooms at BC have the full (walk-out) balconies.

I did not realize there was that much difference between the two. I will do some more digging. Thanks!

We've stayed at both POR and BC. If you can afford BC, then stay there. It's awesome! The pool, proximity to Epcot and DHS, the ambiance.....it's fantastic! But, if spending that kind of money on a room is a deal breaker, then stay at POR. POR is a beautiful resort with the best food court on property! The pool there is fun and the boat to DTD is convenient and relaxing.

Personally, I'd rather spend less money on each trip and go more often than spend a ton on a trip and go less frequently. My definition of "often" is once a year!

Be aware that not all rooms at BC have the full (walk-out) balconies.

This is correct. If you want a full balcony, you would have to put that as a request on your ressie. Keep in mind that it's just a request and is not guaranteed. Also, not all rooms come with a daybed, so that would also need to be requested if you wanted one. And again, it's not guaranteed.

Beach Club, all the way! Provided, of course, that you can comfortably afford the difference. The pool is beyond amazing and the location cannot be beat. Five minute walk into my favorite park? Yes, please! Plus, the rooms are bigger! That said, if you don't intend to use the pool, it would be a bit of a waste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!