POR Mansions - which one is the best?

Which one of the POR Mansions is the best?

• Acadian House

• Magnolia Terrace

• Parterra Place

Results are only viewable after voting.

yanners

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

We are staying at POR for Christmas this year and when I requested to stay in the Mansions I was asked which one (Acadian House, Magnolia Terrace, or Parterre Place) I would like to stay in. :confused3

If anyone here has any ideas about which ones are best I would welcome your opinions.

I am hoping that some of the best ones are also closest to the buses as we are going at the busiest time of the year :scared:

Thanks in advance!

I chose Parterre Place only because that is where DH and I stayed on our 2nd trip to WDW. We loved the location and the stroll to the bus stop/main building. It was peaceful and very beautiful. Here is a picture of Parterre Place from across the river. It's not a very good shot as I had to take a picture of a picture (picture taken before I had a digital cam and I do not have a scanner).
P1000351.jpg

We will also be staying at POR at the End of Sept-1st of Oct.
and want to request Mansions also.
I have already stated that I need NonSmoking
so I'm going to follow this thread and see what others
say about the Mansion.
Also we only have 3 in our family so we don't need
the trundle bed rooms which is reserved for families of 5.
The trundle beds, I think are found in AB and not in the
Mansions.:cool2:
I'm along for the ride.:wave2:

What a great thread, I too am going to POR in June and want to request the mansions. We want a nonsmoking mansion as well, according to one thread I read awhile ago, the Magnolia terrace is smoking, the only mansion that allows it. Therefore, when I go to make my request, I do not want that one.

Hopefully if others have pictures of the different mansions, they will post them as well. This is our first time at this resort, so I would love to see what they all look like.:tink:

Definitely Parterre Place was nonsmoking. The water fountains in the front as you walked up the sidewalks were so pretty, especially at night. We had a 2nd floor room that had a view somewhat of trees. It was a standard room. We didn't care about the view so much from our room because we were only there to sleep and get ready. We had more fun looking outside of the mansion and walking along the river.

I can't wait to go back in June, but this time we will be in the AB section because my family has grown to 5.

My girls and I will be staying at POR in August. I requested a non smoking Mansion room.

I found the following info for you on Allears:

Magnolia Bend is themed as four 2- and 3-story mansion homes, reflecting the large plantation residences in Mississippi many decades ago. Here you'll find well kept lawns, wrought iron railings and trellises, crawling roses and an elegant motif. At any time you'd expect to see the Colonel and his wife greet you on the main lawn waiting to invite you in.

Another important feature to note about the mansions is the fact that you must cross the Sassagoula River bridges to get to the food court, gift shop and other main building features.

Which are the most convenient buildings to the Resort center, pools, and bus stops?

In Magnolia Bend, Oak Manor is nearest to the Resort center, and is adjacent to one of the "quiet" pools. Magnolia Terrace is mentioned by many to be an ideal location, while others find Oak Manor to be a better choice. A recent guest at Riverside reminds us that Oak Manor is a smoking building and Magnolia Terrace is a nonsmoking building.

The closest buildings are Magnolia Terrace in Magnolia Bend.

Hope this helps.

I stayed in Parterre Place in Dec and loved it at first I was a littel worried about it being a far walk but it really wasn't and as a pp stated it is a peaceful walk depending on which part of dec you will be there Pop Warner does stay in Acadian house or Magnolia Terrace the first week of dec and they can get pretty loud. We had no trouble w/ them and really didn't even know they were there except for the fact the in the lobby they had a seperate check in area. Another tip if you plan on decorating you window while you are there the corner rooms have 2 window the normal window by the door and another or the wall beside it.

We stayed in Magnolia Terrace, in was NON-SMOKING. We had a preferred room facing the river. Easy walk to the main building and Old Man Island and there was a quiet pool right next to us! There was also a bus stop behind the building. Very peaceful and the resort was beautiful!! Here's a couple pics:
View from our room
a410704a.jpg

View of Magnolia Terrace-Early Morning:
DSC02279.jpg

We enjoyed our stay here!

We have always enjoyed our stays at Magnolia Terrace. Easy walk to East Depot, main pool, quiet pool, and food court. CM's and Mousekeeping are outstanding and thoughtful, and they have always honored our room requests. I am a smoker, and DH is not. I don't know if MT is a non-smoking building, but I restrict my smoking while I'm at WDW anyway, so no problem for us either way. We love it there!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter