POR Building for Family of 3

Cinbride

Mouseketeer
Yes, I know there are tons of these questions. Thanks for helping me out. I have seen both the ab and the mansion pictures. I just don't know. I want QUIET, nice view, I don't care too much about walking. I think I may prefer a top floor (to avoid noise from neighbors) Understanding AB doesn't have elevator no big deal. It will be me, dh, and dd 8 mths. I know it's personal prefernce but I just don't know. THANKS

We stayed in Bldg 38 Alligator Bayou for our trip in September and we LOVED the location!!! :lovestruc It was not a far walk to the main bldg. We had a bus stop and a quiet pool just behind us, and the river in front of us. It was so wonderful and quiet! We'd sit on a bench by our room and just enjoy the peace after a long day! You will definitely LOVE this resort!! :goodvibes

Yes, I know there are tons of these questions. Thanks for helping me out. I have seen both the ab and the mansion pictures. I just don't know. I want QUIET, nice view, I don't care too much about walking. I think I may prefer a top floor (to avoid noise from neighbors) Understanding AB doesn't have elevator no big deal. It will be me, dh, and dd 8 mths. I know it's personal prefernce but I just don't know. THANKS

I have never stayed in AB but have stayed in Partrere Pl twice. The first time we were on the 2nd floor and then later that year literally stayed on the first floor directly below the room from before.(Pretty Cool). My DS was two both times and I realized how great it was being on the first floor due to not having to walk up stairs while holding him. Also there was more foot traffic on the 2nd floor because people have to walk by your door to get to either stairs or elevator, which were only a couple of doors from our room. Less foot traffic on the first floor because it is wide open, and due to the set up of the resort,(our room faced the fountain and river) people get off the stairs and elevator and go straight toward the bridge so they do not walk in front of your room. If I were to stay at POR again I would probably request to stay at the Oak Manor for three reasons 1. it has it's own little quiet pool 2. it has a laundry room at that pool 3. it is most convenient to the bridge over the river. That's my $0.02.:thumbsup2

Sometimes families of less than five people are automatically placed in mansions, since Alligator Bayou rooms may be saved for larger families who need the extra bed. I been denied Alligator Bayou twice when I was not in a group of 5, and got mansion Parterre Place instead. Sometimes I think I am the only person in the history of Disney World to be denied Alligator Bayou because my group wasn't large enough. Hardly any other DISer reports having this happen, but I had experienced it twice. Oh well. :confused3

We stayed on the bottom floor in Parterre Place in January and loved it!!! It was awesome!! We were close to the bridge and it only took minutes to get to the restaurants, buses, shops, marina, or pools. We will definitely request the same area again. DH said this was his favorite resort of all and it was much better than "that place we stayed in the summer". That place (that I loved) was BC!!!!:scared1: Next time, I know I can save money and make him happy too!!

No one on the bottom floor had any trouble with noise above? I had a horrible experience before not at disney. But with kids making noise all night and early morning. That is why I was considering top floor.

I wanted to stay at the mansions before. Then, I started consdering WL anf now thinking AB. I'm so confused. Thanks

I don't think it's going to be completely silent no matter where you stay. I found that when we've stayed on the 2nd or 3rd floors the noise outside the room is louder then when we've stayed on the bottom floor. If you are a light sleeper, I'd look into bringing a white noise machine or ear plugs?

I think you'll have a great time at Port Orleans Riverside!:thumbsup2

We stayed in Bldg 38 Alligator Bayou for our trip in September and we LOVED the location!!! :lovestruc It was not a far walk to the main bldg. We had a bus stop and a quiet pool just behind us, and the river in front of us. It was so wonderful and quiet! We'd sit on a bench by our room and just enjoy the peace after a long day! You will definitely LOVE this resort!! :goodvibes

We were in building 14 of AB. We also loved the location. We were the closest building to the dining and bus stop. My husband is handicapped so that is where our travel agent reserved for us.We loved watching the ducks by the river in the mornings. My favorite thing to do was the nice relaxing boat ride downtown. My husband has already said when we take our grandson who is 7 in the summer time we will go back to POR. I might add Boatwrights has a wonderful breakfast menu.

I have stayed in both the mansions and AB and loved both. I thought I would prefer the mansions, but actually liked the peace and quiet in AB. We were there in January 08 in building 26. It was close to a quiet pool. The walk to the main building and bus stop didn't bother us at all. I think you will be pleased with how quiet it is in the Ab section. I loved the foliage and spanish moss and the rustic feeling there. I was very impressed.

We were on the bottom floor and did have a problem with noise one night. At about midnight someone- presumably a child- was racing back and forth across the room and jumping off the beds. Yeah, yeah I know kids get so excited at Disney, but it WAS annoying when I was trying to sleep. Maybe the top floor WOULD be better for you, although it will be a pain carrying the stroller up and down if you are using one...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter