POR---Bad House Keeping?!

Nope. You can get bad housekeeping at any resort. POR is no more given to it than any other resort.

It depends on the Mousekeeper, and as everyone will tell you, every resort from deluxe down to value, runs the risk of having a less-than-ethusiastic Mousekeeper clean their room.

We always have had good housekeeping, I do tip and leave thank you for your hard work note, though not sure if this helps.

When that happens, should we complain?

You can call Housekeeping, explain your issue and request that they fix the problem. No need to complain until you give them a chance to fix the problem.

We did not stay there, but when we spent a couple of hours there while the kids took a Pirate Cruise. It was the dirtiest resort of all the ones we visited on our trip. The bathrooms were filthy and the food court too. My husband and I went into the arcade and it grossed me out and we left. The grounds were picked up but the insides were unimpressive. Maybe they are having issues at that resort, but I do agree all places have their good/bad times and all places are vulnerable to being dirty at one time or another. I would say something.

We often stay at POR and always found it to be extremely clean, especially the restrooms. If you feel your room is not up to par, let them know. I'm sure they'll send someone over right away!

Stayed in AB room Sept 2012....great housekeeping every day. I really think it's hit and miss at every resort. Would never base decision to stay at a resort on the good or bad reports of mousekeeping .

If you encounter a problem, pick up phone and call housekeeping and they will most likely fix it.

Agree withh PPs ... can get great or bad mousekeeping anywhere .... but generally people have positive experiences.

On our 11 day stay May 2013, we had awesome mousekeeping at POR mansions.

I dont know about POR, but I have found there are differences between resorts when it comes to housekeeping. Anyway, best thing to do is call right away and have it remedied.

Just spent 16 days there.. never once was any area filthy.. we had awesome mousekeeping and a magical stay!

We have changed rooms because of a "clean issue" (more then dust or crumbs) at 2 resorts so far, POP and GF. We went and talked directly with the manager, not mousekeeping or a CM to address the issue. With one of our conversations with the manager, he mentioned that mousekeepers are always being assigned to different resorts on a weekly basis.

Also just returned from POR and had no issues in either our room or public spaces. Went to arcade numerous times, public restrooms, food court, etc - all very clean.

We have never had a problem with any of the resorts that we have stayed at but POR AB section the Housekeeping wasn't the greatest. Beds were made and that is about it. Trash not taken out, no shampoo or conditioner left for us. The room was not dirty or anything. Not enough to keep me from staying there again because like all the others are saying it is hit or miss. These things could happen at any resort.

While I agree that bad housekeeping can happen anywhere and it solely depends on the housekeeper, we did experience some bad housekeeping at POR last trip. When we got into our room the first time, there were dried drink rings on the dresser, someone else's finger prints on the mirror, crumbs by the table/AC, and no toiletries. The toiletries were replenished the next day but the rest remained for the duration of our trip, ultimately proving our housekeeper was either lazy or in a rush. We didn't bother to complain, we just didn't tip.

We still tipped but we didn't complain either. We had to ask for toiletries and towels. The only housekeeper we encountered was an older lady who was always ready with a smile so I just couldn't bring myself to not leave a tip or complain.

My brother stayed at POR-French quarter in December and had excellent housekeeping. If I ever stay at POR again we will probably try French Quarter.

We've stayed at the POR 5 times, sometimes for up to 14 nights. We've never really had an issue. The last stay was two years ago and the rooms were starting to show their age so last year we stayed at a different resort on site. My understanding is that the rooms have all been updated now and I have no hesitation booking our summer trip this summer.

That being said, friends of ours stayed with us on our last trip, they were in a different building and they made housekeeping crazy with requests/demands. The room would of never been clean enough for them. Some people have unrealistic expectations and sometimes a room was just not cleaned well.

I am prepared to call housekeeping if there was an issue but I also realize this is a hotel with alot of people going through it. Keep your expectations realistic and things should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter