Popular UY

What are the most popular UY for each resort and why???

popcorn::

I can only comment for myself. I have a February UY because I try to head down every year for Spring Training. My team, the Toronto Blue Jays, are in Dunedin and they give me two free flights every year because I am a season ticket holder. Since Dunedin is not that far away, I leave the family at WDW and drive out to some games on my own.

What are the most popular UY for each resort and why???

popcorn::
I don't think there is such a thing as the most popular use year, LOL.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Disney divided the total number of points for each resort by 8 and each use year has about the same number of points. There is no use year for January, May, July or November.

I wonder if UY makes a difference on the resale market though.

I like my Feb UY because it is early in the calendar year. However, it is not the best choice for my travelling.

Resorts and Use Years are independent entities. One is not dependent on the other.

When will you vacation every year? is it predictable? If so, select a UY that is just before you vacation. That will give you flexibility with banking in case you need to cancel your reservation.

I don't know in general the most in demand UY...
For folks that love Food & Wine, I imagine the August, Sept & Oct UY are the most in demand, especially at BCV and BWV.
Best UY really depends on when the family loves to vacation. For us, we go either during F&W, holidays or a Jan/Feb winter getaway, so an August UY is perfect.
I had one guide tell me UY doesn't matter. If you never have to cancel a trip within the 4-month mark, I guess that's true. So maybe there are a bunch of DVC owners who don't care what UY they have. :confused3

I have tried to find a small resale at Vero or Animal Kingdom Lodge for April, and April use year seems to be hard to find.

Ours is October and we rarely travel at that time due to school commitments, although we have been down a few times in November and December for long weekends. Invariably, we "have" to visit in the summer at least for next year or so.

We have an April Use year, and for us it has turned out that every February we hold our breath and hope we won't have to cancel our vacation plans. There would have been no way for us to use points that went into holding before the beginning of our next year. It's worked out, and now that DH is finally retiring from HS teaching we should have more flexibility.

For us an August use year (think Food and Wine) or December (Christmas and then Feb vacation) would have been much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter