Popular songs that you associate(or have been ruined) by movies/tv/commercials, etc.

Not me, but a friend of mine can't listen to Journey's Don't Stop Believin' ever since that roller rink scene in the movie Monster. Not me, I love it, whenever it comes on, I'm a small town girl living in a lonely world! lol

I can still enjoy the song, but I sometimes think of the end scene of Sopranos.

I still like the song, but I remember hearing Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" in a commercial for a cleaning product. When I was a kid, that song was rebellious! Then it became a jingle :guilty:

I guess I'm kind of over it now, but several years ago Playskool (I think) used Walkin' on Sunshine for ALL of their toddler toy/gadget commercials. I don't know if it was just the particular channels I watched most at the time but it seemed like there was a dang Playskool commercial every single break.

I've never seen Reservoir Dogs, but the song Stuck in the Middle with You makes me think of the stupid Fruit of the Loom ad with the little bikini underwear hanging on a clothesline.

"We Are Family" by Sister Sledge was ruined for me when the Pirates used it as their theme song in 1979 when they beat my team, the Orioles, in the World Series. I still think of that whenever I hear it.

Not me, but a friend of mine can't listen to Journey's Don't Stop Believin' ever since that roller rink scene in the movie Monster. Not me, I love it, whenever it comes on, I'm a small town girl living in a lonely world! lol
I HATE that song. I swear I am the only one who does. I cringe whenever it comes on.

I guess I'm kind of over it now, but several years ago Playskool (I think) used Walkin' on Sunshine for ALL of their toddler toy/gadget commercials. I don't know if it was just the particular channels I watched most at the time but it seemed like there was a dang Playskool commercial every single break.

I've never seen Reservoir Dogs, but the song Stuck in the Middle with You makes me think of the stupid Fruit of the Loom ad with the little bikini underwear hanging on a clothesline.

Walking on Sunshine, I associate to the animated show Futurama.

It isn't ruined at all (gives me chills every time, actually), but the Supremes' Reflections is now forever in my mind associated with the Vietnam War, because of what may be one of the very best TV titles sequences ever; from China Beach.

Not ruined, just can't think of anything else when I hear it! Love the show. :)

Wayward Son --- Supernatural

Zach Braff and his navel-gazing movie Garden State did a real number on "New Slang" -- in fact I think it took years for the Shins to recover from it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter