Pop Warner Info

mkladycasey

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but I've been slightly concerned that I booked our big family trip during Pop Warner Week! I know many posters say it's not too bad, but I really didn't want loud & screaming kids running around all night with DS5 and DD7 and 2 sets of Grandparents along too!!

I just checked out their website to see if there were any updates since we're getting closer to d-day!!

GOOD NEWS!! We're staying at ASMo.... they are staying at ASMusic, ASports and Port Orleans Dec. 7-13!! They have a party night at DHS on the 10th but we're not going that night anyway!!

WHOO HOOO! One less thing for me to worry about!!

The PopWarner kids seldom stay at Movies..they are at their usual resorts. I have to say that I have been at Music at the same time they were there, and they weren't an issue at all. Yes, there were more kids in the food court at the busy times and the kids, especially the girls, were a 'presence' on the buses at times, but other than that, no problem at all.
I truly think that the entire organization has been given a bad rap based on the behaviours of a few groups. Most of the kids are pretty well behaved. Sure, some are loud and obnoxious but they are probably like that at home as well. I have yet to have any issues with the PW kids and I'm looking at my 5th trip to WDW at the same time as them next month.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but I've been slightly concerned that I booked our big family trip during Pop Warner Week! I know many posters say it's not too bad, but I really didn't want loud & screaming kids running around all night with DS5 and DD7 and 2 sets of Grandparents along too!!

I just checked out their website to see if there were any updates since we're getting closer to d-day!!

GOOD NEWS!! We're staying at ASMo.... they are staying at ASMusic, ASports and Port Orleans Dec. 7-13!! They have a party night at DHS on the 10th but we're not going that night anyway!!

WHOO HOOO! One less thing for me to worry about!!

Just be prepared to be on the same buses with them once in awhile. Since the Allstar resorts do share buses you may run into them from time to time.

We were at POR w/ all the cheerleaders last year and it was a total non event.

I knew they were there because they walked around in matching outfits...but other than that there was little to no impact.

I was so not bothered by it that I'm going back and staying at POR this December too! We are only overlapping by a few days, but I'm not worried about it.

Just be prepared to be on the same buses with them once in awhile. Since the Allstar resorts do share buses you may run into them from time to time.

They don't always share buses, usually All Stars each get there own buses on park opening/closing

*most of the time that is depending on crowds

They don't always share buses, usually All Stars each get there own buses on park opening/closing

While they resorts do not share buses on occasion, there are a lot of times when they do share buses.
The last time I stayed at the Allstar Music, (in Dec of '07) leaving DHS was horrid, there were no separate bus stops at DHS, we shared a bus going back to the resorts...maybe this has changed.
But going to and from the parks during regular park hours, we shared buses. At park closings there were separate buses, except as I mentioned at DHS.
I just want the OP to be aware that sharing a bus with the Allstar Sports and Allstar Music can occur. It is something that she should be aware of, as those cheerleaders can be noisy on the buses. The love to cheer going to and from the parks.

I try to plan around that time period for the reason of Pop Warner.

If you can ignore loud groups of girls doing impromtu cheers at any given moment...ride lines, buses, while waiting for shows in the park, at the Hoop-de-doo Review during the meal :sad2: then more power to you....

Me, I prefer to avoid it.....

The majority of the time, Sports and Music share buses. At the slower times, Movies is added to the route. I have never seen a bus to just Sports or to just Music. It doesn't happen very often. In fact, there are actually guests, staying at Movies, who will hop on the Music/Sports bus if it comes first, and then just walk across the parking lot from Music to Movies.

I'll repeat ... We stayed at POR with ALL the cheerleaders and didn't hear a peep out of them their entire stay.
Not one cheer ANYWHERE... Buses, parks, food court, pool, or walking around the resort.
All we saw were groups of well behaved girls and their extremely proud families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter