POP warner 2012 which resorts

deenbrad

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know yet which resort(s) the Pop Warner people will be staying at?

Does anyone know yet which resort(s) the Pop Warner people will be staying at?

No, but it will always be a value and a moderate.

You don't know for sure until they post it on their website, which is a few weeks before the championships are held.

All Star Sports for certain, probably All Star Music. I never am sure about Movies.

They alternate on the moderates, or they seem to. It seems to be POR a lot.
ESPN Wide World Of Sports website reports the 2012 championships are Nov. 30 - Dec. 8.

In 2011, the choices were as follows: (because of renovations at POR)

"A three (3) night minimum stay is required and includes a standard room at Disney’s All-Star Resorts or Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. All participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at one of the above mentioned resorts".

In 2010, the choices were as follows:

"Three or more nights stay at Disney’s All-Star Resorts, or Disney’s Port Orleans Resort. All
participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at one of the above mentioned resorts".

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 were the same as 2010.

Looking at availability, the moderate will likely be CBR. CBR has no standard rooms available for those dates, only water view and pirate rooms. POFQ has standard view, as well as garden and river view. POR has garden view, water view, river view, preferred.

Thank you all! I have POFQ reserved but might downgrade to Pop if possible. Hopefully this won't be the year they show up there!

DebbieB said:
Looking at availability, the moderate will likely be CBR. CBR has no standard rooms available for those dates, only water view and pirate rooms. POFQ has standard view, as well as garden and river view. POR has garden view, water view, river view, preferred.

I would not be surprised with the refurb at POR and POFQ.

I sure hope we don't have a bad experience with Pop Warner! We are staying at Port Orleans. We are arriving November 29 and leaving December 8! My husband honeymooned at Disney in 1987 and this is our 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip!

The 2012 Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships will take place from Saturday, December 1st through Saturday, December 9th at ESPN Wide World of Sports™ Complex.

(I have posted this numerous times on similar threads)

I am Childless by Choice and cannot be considered Kid Friendly. With that said, in 6+ trips to WDW the same time at PW and all but one time in the same resort, I have never had an issue! One year at Pop (where some were staying--I have no idea if it was the designated reosrt for them) things got ugly with chaperones at the pool bar area--not the kids. Security was called, the cops came, etc.

I have found the kids to be polite and even friendly and well supervised. _I_ would not let the thoughts of PW during my vacation or even at my resort hinder my thoughts in the least.

I have googled for the last 15 minutes and I just cant find it. Where are they staying this year? My brother wanted me to look into hotels for him, his wife, and their 7 year old. I thought royal room at PO but I imagine that would be horrible if pop warner is going to be there.

DH and I will be there with our family at OKW (DVC) and if they come at the same time we could hook them up with some military tickets. This will be the 7 year olds first and probably only vist while she is still young enough for the magic so I'd like to do my best while still keeping it affordable. The royal rooms are 160$ per night with room discount and all stars standard are 90 with the fall discount from what i'm finding. But I think having a royal room would do no good if pop warner is there to be loud. I know last year they were at CBR.

thank you!

It has not been announced yet. But historically they have been at one of All Stars and one Moderate. I highly doubt POR would be the moderate because of the recent renovations completed this year. My guess is that the moderate will be CBR, which it was last year.

Looking at room availability online, CBR is soldout of standard rooms for that week, so it is more likely they are the moderate choice. Only king beds and pirate rooms available. POR has most categories available.

Have you checked for free dining? All Stars rack rate is $95 weeknights and a little more weekends with 2 counter service meals and a snack each day of the stay.
They would need to buy tickets but would probably still come out way ahead.

I'm wondering if all the teams stay for the entire week, or as they are eliminated they head on home? I did notice on the PW site that had info from last year, that they had to book at least three days. Just wondering. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter