POP vs Movies

Kamy04

Mouseketeer
We are in the preliminary stages of possibly taking a trip in June 2018.

Me, DH, DS7 and DS(will be)4.

We stayed at POR last year, but being more budget conscious this year.

Which of POP or Movies do you prefer and why? Sell me on one over the other lol.

(I was thinking POP, but Movies is cheaper and my boys would loooooove the Mighty Duck section and pool! Now I am debating)

I prefer Pop because it doesn't share busses like the All-Star Resorts.

If your sons like Cars, you can also walk across the bridge over to Art of Animation to walk around the Cars section (my three year old loves it almost as much as the parks).

That said, I have nothing against Movies if the price difference is significant. We are actually staying at Movies on our next trip because of the discount that was available.

I've stayed at ASMu last month and we never shared busses with the other All Stars in the whole week.

I like the All Stars better than Pop. They are a bit smaller, so you have fewer people fighting you for space in all of the public areas. And that includes for seats on the bus. In my many All Star stays sharing buses was a rare thing. More often than not each All Star has it's own bus.

I have stayed at both, and I prefer ASMo. We stayed in the Mighty Duck section, Building #2 and loved it. You are actually really close to the bus stop and food court for ASMu. When we were at the parks, we would just take whichever bus came back first to head back to the resort. We never had to share buses. (We have also stayed at ASMu.)

The only thing that I liked about Pop was being able to walk over to the Art of Animation and enjoy everything that resort offers: yummy food court, animation classes, and just taking in the theming.

Of the two, I've only stayed at POP. I loved it because I'm big into the whole nostalgia theme!

But if the price difference is quite a bit, and budget is a priority, I wouldn't hesitate to try Movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter