Pop, Coronado, or French quarters

mrocco90

Mouseketeer
hello,
I’m having a hard time deciding on a hotel for our upcoming trip. For the past 3 years we have stayed at pop and had no issues and enjoyed our stay. Years ago we also stayed at French quarters and enjoyed it.
This upcoming trip we plan on having more time at the hotel since we will be there in the summer. I was thinking of upgrading to a moderate to have the better pool with the slide for my son.
Coronado is about 200$ less then French quarters for our 8 day trip. Pop is about 400$ less then Coronado. I know Coronado is going thru construction and I’m debating if it’s worth the extra 200$ to avoid that. Also do you feel the moderates are worth the extra money?
Thank you!

French Quarter is currently undergoing a room renovation that should be done by summer so good chance of a newly renovated room there. Plus you can walk along the river over to Riverside and use their pools etc. There are some shaded areas at the Port Orleans pools which would be nice for summer months. I'd personally stay away from construction. I've never stayed at Pop but love French Quarter. Also, within the past 2 years they have added a really great water play area at French Quarter for kids under 48" which might appeal to you if your child is younger. It looks amazing with shallow water, water slides, sprayers, etc. We are a moderate family and love the moderates! We feel they are worth the extra money for the extra space in the rooms, double sinks in the bathroom area for getting ready, pool slides, calmness after busy days at the park and more!

We were at CSR in Dec. and the construction had zero impact on us. We were in Casitas, they are renovated the rooms in that section but there was no noise and while you would occasionally see a piece of equipment it wasn't intrusive. I'm guessing if you stayed in the Cabana building right next to where they are building the new tower you would hear noise during the day but the rest of the resort is fine. We didn't have a renovated room and it was fine.

I don't think the CSR construction would deter me. We enjoy CSR more than POFQ, especially the pool area which I don't think is impacted at all by the construction. I've stayed at resorts under construction in the past and they do a good job with keeping any interference to a minimum.

As for whether mods are worth it, that's subjective. We think so because we find them better themed and just quieter overall.

I think it's honestly a matter of preference. I can't do the values anymore because the parks are just so crazy that I need a quieter atmosphere to recharge in. If you feel similarly, and do want a waterslide and nice pool, I'd go for the mod. I've stayed at both and personally prefer Coronado because of the semi-tropical theme. I love walks around the resort and the pool is great. If you want more compact and enjoy the boat ride to DS, I'd vote for French Quarter. I am booked for Coronado in June as I've heard the construction is not really a huge issue.

I think you should try Coronado since you haven't stayed there. We always try to stay somewhere new. I love FQ, but if it's a difference of $800 I would pick Coronado anyway. We like to save as much money as needed to spend it on other things. I think the Moderates are worth the price because they seem quieter and have better pools. If you want some days to relax a Moderate might be more relaxing.

Since you are going in the summer and spending resort time, I think you’ll really appreciate what CSR has to offer: better pool, nice water slide, huge hot tub, and more dining options.

CSR is also usually cheaper than FQ and available for discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter